Thread: Tips on reducing morning anxiety

Question Tips on reducing morning anxiety

Hello guys!

I'm looking for tips on more natural ways to reduce morning anxiety.
    I'm currently on medication for my anemia and low folic acid, so I have to avoid the following: eggs, milk, coffee, tea and caffeine sodas (like Coca-Cola, for example).

I used to drink camomile tea for breakfast when I woke up anxious, but since it can interfere with the absorption of my medication I was looking for some other way to help me start the day.

Any advice?

Re: Tips on reducing morning anxiety

I find ginger tea really goes down well in the morning, soothes the stomach and just feels good overall. Twinings makes a nice mild one, or you can make your own with just ginger root and hot water. Also, I found that eating protein helped - it helps avoid that spike and crash in blood sugar you can get in the morning. Can you eat peanut butter? Or any nut or soy butters? I find getting some food in me with staying power helps. Toast and pb usually does me very well. Oatmeal too. Good luck!

I take a 5 htp capsule along with l-tyrosine and a b vitamin complex. Sorts me right out for most of the day from the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by EKB View Post
    I find ginger tea really goes down well in the morning, soothes the stomach and just feels good overall. Twinings makes a nice mild one, or you can make your own with just ginger root and hot water. Also, I found that eating protein helped - it helps avoid that spike and crash in blood sugar you can get in the morning. Can you eat peanut butter? Or any nut or soy butters? I find getting some food in me with staying power helps. Toast and pb usually does me very well. Oatmeal too. Good luck!
    Really new information. Thanks

If one of the symptoms of your anxiety is muscle tension, try getting some exercise

I find that the absolute best thing for morning anxiety for me is to have a stable wake up time and to get right out of bed. I started waking up early to work before my daughter got up and waking to an alarm and hopping right out of bed really helped with anxiety, I think. I know that our bodies produce cortisol to wake us up in the morning, so I wonder if waking up to an alarm before I'd normally wake helps, too. The last few days I've slept in and felt considerably more anxious in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I find that the absolute best thing for morning anxiety for me is to have a stable wake up time and to get right out of bed. I started waking up early to work before my daughter got up and waking to an alarm and hopping right out of bed really helped with anxiety, I think. I know that our bodies produce cortisol to wake us up in the morning, so I wonder if waking up to an alarm before I'd normally wake helps, too. The last few days I've slept in and felt considerably more anxious in the morning.
    I agree with this.

When I used to get anxiety first thing in the morning, I eventually learned to just get up and go through it. It soon passes anyway, so no point in moping about it.

Thread Information