Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble swallowing food and getting stuck

Trouble swallowing food and getting stuck

Hiya, I'm new hear, i have several issues and hope I'm posting in the right places, I have trouble swallowing food and it feels like it's getting stuck in my esophogus, and I get a choking sensation, it feels like it can sit there for hours and hours, does anyone else get this?, I get reflux aswell which I don't think helps the situation, is this something to worry about or is this just my anxiety?.. thanks Kat

Re: Trouble swallowing food and getting stuck

Definately anxiety. I forget what this is called, it's got a name, begins with a G I think. Someone will come on with the proper name.
    Maybe try some soups for a bit and see how you get on, scrambled eggs etc.

Glad to hear that, I did think it might be anxiety, but then my thoughts run away with me and look too much into it, I've just recently started to cut down on how much I eat at one time to see if it makes a difference, and it has done the last few days, but I still have the sensation off it being stuck, I'm getting a scope done soon because I was sick 18 hours after eating something and it came up undigested, sorry for the tmi there.

I've checked for you and it's called Globus. Feeling like there is a lump in the throat when there actually isn't.

Yes I remember that name now, I used to get that, but i don't anymore, well not often like I used too, it's further down that that I get it, I'm def going to try soup etc and see if it makes a difference, I find when I drink liquid, it kinda pauses for a few seconds then I can feel it going down.

If you haven't been to the doctors it may be worth while as if you get the sensations often it could mean standard acid reflux or LPR like mine was and I found Omeprazole along with watching what I ate did wonders x

Best wishes

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

What is LPR?, I've been to the doctors and I was given omeprazole, but I have a massive fear of taking medication, so it's been sitting in a drawer, I've also been referred to have a scope done as I get really bad acid reflux, I have noticed eating smaller more often has made a bit of a difference for me, it's only been 3 days I've been trying it, but it's definitely helped x

Smaller and more frequently defo helps x
    i can't take medication either so i take the omeprazole out of the capsule and put it on a spoon and swallow the little balls with water, if you can't do that you can always have something like yogurt with them.
    LPR is also known as silent reflux and its where you regurgitate your food.
    i find that i deal with uncomfortable feelings for a few hours after eating carbs until it finally digests x

I like the sound off taking them out the capsule and trying it that way, do you think if I was to take about quarter off the wee balls and gradually build it up I would find out if I was going to have any nasty side effects?, also I do regurgitate my food up my throats all the time, I don't know if it's a bad habit or an actual condition, I do this until it's actually gone and it starts all over again when I next eat x

Hard to tell if its a bad habit or LPR like mine is but the scope should help figure it out,
    I slowly started on the omeprazole and upped my dosage as it did help me feel much better about any side effects that may have occurred and then over time i slowly took more of the dosage until i was satisfied it wasn't doing anything x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information