Thread: so so worried about lymphoma

so so worried about lymphoma

after forgetting about my lymphoma fear before summer, i moved onto a brain tumour fear but then I decided to feel my lymph nodes and now i'm convinced I have lymphoma again!

In June this year I think, I noticed several swollen groin lymph nodes, on the right side is one big (about 2cm i think) one, and a small pea size one. On the left are 2 pea size ones and they all felt hard. I gave it 6 weeks and when they hadn't changed, I went to the doctor but i felt embarrassed to say about the lymph nodes and i just asked for a blood test and said i was always tired.

I phoned the doctor's office for my blood test results and the receptionist said 'no further investigation needed' so this gave me reassurance and i could enjoy my summer.

Towards the end of the summer I noticed on the back of my shoulder a little pea size lump. I put it down to a muscle knot from sleeping in a tent on the floor for a week, but it's still there.

Also, on the back of my left knee I can feel bulges and its 'bulkier' than my right knee, If i feel deep down i can feel the nodes!!

I'm so terrified that I have lymphoma and it's spread everywhere. Also, the ones that were always in my groin haven't changed, but a couple more less than pea size ones can now be felt.

My question is, has anyone had so many swollen nodes like me and it turned out to be fine, also like I said although I have new ones in my groin since i first noticed, the original ones haven't changed i don't think. would they have gotten bigger since when i first noticed?

Thanks

Re: so so worried about lymphoma

Oh my god you are me last September!
    This is the basis of all my health anxiety, please please don't let it get to you like I did!

My story is I found two swollen lymph nodes in my groin, no pain just hard bumps, I freaked, weeks of worry set me into the worst place in my life, I went on the find 3 lumps in my knee and also one in my neck! I ended up paying for a private scan (which wasn't cheap)

Diagnosis - enlarged lymph nodes

That's it's absolutely nothing wrong at all, mine took till now to go down but the knee ones still remain and my neck slightly!

Your absolutely fine! I kinda wish I still had this worry as I now have headaches and dizzy for 6 weeks constant and now in one big Brain tumour fear it's horrible!

thanks so much for replying! it's reassuring to know i'm not alone and i hope they will go down!

i also have a brain tumour fear like you and now that i can stop worrying about lymphoma it will be back onto the brain tumour fear

health anxiety is horrible! hope we can get through this

I think you are fine sweetie.
    I live around a person who has lymphoma. My baby brother was diasgonsised in April this year. I won't state his symptoms. However sounds nothing like what he had and his is advance.
    This used to be my fear till I had to face it to care for my baby brother.
    I also have fear but it's mostly only rare.
    I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloinreverse View Post
    I think you are fine sweetie.
    I live around a person who has lymphoma. My baby brother was diasgonsised in April this year. I won't state his symptoms. However sounds nothing like what he had and his is advance.
    This used to be my fear till I had to face it to care for my baby brother.
    I also have fear but it's mostly only rare.
    I hope this helps.
    I am sending all good thoughts to him. And to you too, for helping him with it. Thank you for not stating the symptoms, my anxiety gremlins are jumping on lymphoma at the moment and I'm sure they'd convince me (and others) that I have it any way possible.

Amy you are absolutely NOT ALONE! I HATE my health anxiety for this reason! It made me so afraid of everything (lymphoma included), that I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore at this point because I'm still experiencing it. It really takes the future you envisage for yourself and makes it disappear. It's terrible.

I'm so sorry you're going through it too. We'll beat the gremlins.

thanks for replying and best wishes to your brother!

Thank you. He's responding all to treatment. All he has left of his football sized tumor is it's sac.
    No cells found in his lymph nodes. But we have to complete his treatments to ensure we got it.
    Thank you.
    O also know it's scary to think about.
    Cancer is scary.
    However the treatment for it is advancing every year.
    You can beat your gremlins.

Thread Information