Thread: extreme anxiety

extreme anxiety

So, I am a nanny. I asked my boss for a yearly review yesterday. I sent an email asking about how I would appreciate being bumped up 2$ because I feel that the rate I am at currently is under the normal average. let's say I make 25 an hour currently. I asked for 27-28 because thats the median wage for someone with my experience and in my area. I went to meet with her today and she said yep, so you'll be at 26 dollars for this year. I sat there like what? did you even read what I said? I didn't say anything because we all know how anxiety is, and I felt like I couldn't speak. Later tonight I asked her if she had read that section of my note. I got back, "let's talk tomorrow." Oh my anxiety is on an all time high. I hate confrontation and I'm so scared of what will be said. I feel like I could throw up. I know it isn't a huge deal but I will barely sleep tonight :( anyone have tips or stories to help me along?
    xoxo

Re: extreme anxiety

Don't think of it as a confrontation, think of it like an opportunity to sell yourself! Have your resume and accomplishments handy and don't be afraid to use them. The worst that can happen is you'll be at $26. At that point, you're still employed and can look elsewhere if you're so inclined.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information