Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1 - What's happening to me ?

Chapter 1 - What's happening to me ?

All comments welcome

Hi Meg, having listened to 1st cd i was agreeing with everything that you said and some parts made me uite emotional.

There is a part on the cd which you ask us to keep a diary and jot down events in the previous 2 years before our anxiety and panic happened. This is fine but when I think back I was a very anxious person and experienced many small panic attacks years before I was diagnosed with having them, so how far would you like me to back into events your advice on this will be greatly accepted.....Tara x

Hiya Meg,

I agreed with everything 100% on this CD. I have filled in the comments on page 1 of the booklet but had to turn over to make some notes (I hope that is okay)

As I said before I was like a nodding dog on all this CD and I am going to listen to it again tonight (one last time)

The summing up at the end was fantastic and I related to much to it.

If someone had sat me down with that CD when I was 'acute' my mind would be so much more at ease (turning 'mad' being one of my biggest concerns')

The part about panic being hellish but leading to anxious thoughts and avoidance (much worse!) were also spot on (I remember having a chat with you and Charlie on this forum saying I could handle the panics but not the thoughts - which then lead to avoidance)

I cannot honestly think of one single chapter that i thought could be changed or altered

Love
    Lucky

Tara,

I wondered how soon this would be raised .

For some sections I considered doing 2 versions - chronic long term anxiety or acute onset anxiety.... However it was not practical.

I advise that you should write about whatever seems to be still really fresh in your mind and that you think about often.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Meg,

I have listened to it twice now.

I could relate to just about all of it and like Lucky was nodding and like Tara getting quite emotional in places. I just wish I had had something like this a year ago!

There is just one small bit that lost me a bit on my first listen, the bit where you relate to androids. On the second listen I knew exactly what you were saying but on the first listen I think I heard the words "android" "starwars/startrek" and tuned out as all that sci fi stuff bores me to death!!

Thats probably me though. Meg i think its great and I am sure you will do really well.

I will fill in the questionairre tomorrow, my last day of freedom before the new job starts on Weds (AAaargh!!)

Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of this.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm fully aware and expecting that some people will relate to some bits better than others . I do try to say key points in a variety of ways.

Also I ask that you listen more than once so it gives another chance to tune into a different section that you may have missed first time round.

Good luck with the new job .

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Meg do you want to see our events diary, the history of events we recall leading up to our anxiety/panic??? Tara x

hi, i have been writing a diary for a year now and it does help. For me it helps most when im actually writing it down, ive been having a bad night and just going through it helps takes the edge off it sometimes. I would recommend it to all

Hi I haven't kept a diary since I was young and my mum found it and read it and got mad, I have just started this evening writing down past events in my life and it was a real good release of emotion, thoughts and feeling for me as don't speak about things too much as I realise not everyone wants to hear about it. I will continue from today. Tara xx

No thanks Tara.

What you write is just between you and the pages.
    I find that if there is any chance that anyone else might see it - it influences what you write and is not as powerful...

Find a good hiding place.

Meg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information