Thread: Housebound again.

Housebound again.

...what more can i say?
    I'm too scared to do anything, go anywhere.
    Life is worthless/pointless.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Housebound again.

Aww Bluebell hun - it's a blip that's what it is!! We all have good days bad days, good weeks bad weeks etc. You hang on in there mate, it will improve again soon!!

When my 'nerves' are bad I go back to basics - I make sure I am eating properly and not too much in the way of sugar etc, I get early nights and start giving myself some TLC by listening to my Glenn Harrold cd's. Also I try and remember to say so to the people around me, then they don't expect too much of me!!

Love Piglet

For the first time in years I trusted myself today and despite having a really bad day confused and really fuzzy headed I decided I had had enough and didn't care how stupid I looked and how bad I felt I was going for a walk alone. It turned out to be the best attempt I had ever made of going out alone, if I can do it so can you my love, it isn't easy but it feels so good to achieve on your worse days, don't give up life will be good again just keep going for it until one day it will hapen. Good luck xxx

Hi Bluebell,

Awww, i'm sorry you're having a hard time at the moment. I'm in a similar situation and I know things can get pretty bleak sometimes, but there is always hope, and things WILL get better. Just hang on in there, look after yourself the best you can, and it will pass soon enough

Take care, and really hope you feel better soon,

Scarlett x

I feel for you, its aweful when it comes on top like that. I aint been housebound for a while but remember the frustration oh so well.
    Try to keep as possitive as poss and your mind busy on something if you can.
    Take care,
    Scrubmuncher

Hi Bluebell,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time, have some hugs

Being housebound again tells us that you've come through it before and that shows the strength and determination you have. There comes a time we reach the bottom and then the only way is up. Break things down into small steps and give yourself credit for all your achievements no matter how small. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

I've been venturing out of my safety zone more and more and there are still days where I am scared to death of the outside world!!
    We all go thru these times hun!
    Don't let it get you down

You will make it thru!!
    And if you need support or someone to gab to just give me a holler and I'll be here with bells on
    xxx
    Sandy

heya! im a new member,havnt done an introduction yet but i can totally sympathize with you. i had a major attack on march 24th,i believe it was GERD induced but i let the panic and fear take over. Thought it was my heart and all that jazz. Needless to say i tried to carry on for about a week and a half then my mom went to the ER with a hemorraghe behind her left eye and skyhigh bloodpreassure! That did iti for me, that was april 6th and i havnt left the house sense! I got so bad that i wouldnt get off the couch unless i absolutely had to! I went days with just days with just laying on the couch,days turned to literal weeks. The past 2 weeks ive been siting up more and trying to walk around a little each day,trying to take my life back! I found that the Valerian Root had a great effect on keeping my heartrate down while i was having panic,i use the breathing techniques i learned here to keep the tingling and lightheadedness down and to help me stay calm and i also use Rescue Remedy for those intense moments! Anyway i am rambling, just know that there is someone else out there that is having problems leaving the house, just think, could be worse! You could be like me and afraid to stand up and walk! Be of good cheer!

you are not alone hun, Its been a big struggle for me the past few weeks again, I (like you) have had enough of it all so I decided to do something about it. Ive arranged to have some more CBT , except this time it is private and over the telephone so you dont have to travel anywhere.
    It costs £12 for 50 mins CBT, so I am having it every 2 weeks, which works out at £6 a week.

Its expensive being agrophobic isnt it !
    But maybe you could do the same ? worth thinking about isnt it ?

Decker, Ive just got some valerian root and feel *too afraid to try it ,lol...
    how do you feel taking it ?

I hope you feel better soon.

heya mirry. i take valerian capsules every 4 hours when im awake. sense i started takin it my percieved heartbeats,(you know, feeling it through your chest or a wrist or in a calf muscle or wherever), have stopped. I feel a bit better but my GERD keeps me down, i am takin prilosec otc(omeprazole otc) until my broke butt can get to see a doctor at a free clinic... been on the prilosec for 5 weeks now even though the package says no more then 2 weeks every 4 months. What can you do though? i need help with my stomach! i used to wake up with gurggles and it felt like a little animal was running around inside my chest... stupid GERD!! I have let my panic attacks/anxiety totally crush me. My mom gave me some of her 1mg xanax(alprazolam) but im too scared to take it... mainly i dont want to be a doped out zombie and secondly the valerian is a sedative and if taken with the xanax would magnify the effect... not to mention the prilosec would make the effect magnify as well. i forget why though, something to do with it staying in the blood longer i think. anywho i am a complete mess. when i stand up i guess my subconcious triggers the anxiety which builds up to a fast heartrate,(which is good cuz at least its exercise right? hehe), and of course my body will want to hyperventilate.(yay diaphragm breathing!!!) i go through it everyday telling myself ive been through this a hundred times yet i never seem to have relief. Gonna try to go tuesday to a state/city run clinic and get an evaluation and if i have to then i guess ill start medicating... i had anxiety back in 2004 but i was able to power out of that, just exercising and ignoring it and it ceased after about 3 months... im going on 3 months this time and im just not making much progress... i sit up more now,but i get up and walk from the couch maybe 3-6 minutes a day? that is poor poor exercise and i got to do better. Guess this is what happens when you think your having a heart attack but let the fear take over and not go to the doctor. Now when i go to a doctor theyll probably have to do more tests just to see if i did infact have one back in march or not.. although i would think if i did have one i would have had some indication by now i would think. Irregardless being poor in America = no medical care.. Anyhow this is a bit long and im not trying to hijack your thread.

Valerian does work to relax the nervous system, just be careful taking it if you are on any prescription drugs as valerian does not mix well with Benzodiazepines. I will definatly pray that you overcome your fear and frustration and that anyone who has panic disorder/anxiety disorder/phobias of any kind and PTSD will likewise overcome there obstacles with patience and perserverence and love! Sorry for the rambling!

Thread Information