Thread: Holiday Panic

Unhappy Holiday Panic

Hi Everyone

Sorry just got write it all down, am of on hol on sunday to Kefalonia, staying the same place that we have stayed before so am familiar with the place

But here goes all day today the panic has kicked in, and it's all about getting there , and what if im ill on the way .

I have already upset my tummy this week so now am paranoid I am going to be ill

Sick or the other on the plane etc ..
    Have just started taking the pill to help with that time of the month and i keep feeling nausia and is it the pills ?? or have i had a bug !
    I normaly get upset tummy in the heat so am worried about that

I wish i could be excited about going on holiday like other people
    But it alway's turn's into anxiety, have got some relaxation cds for the plane , and am desperalty trying to remember the times I have gone in the past when i did not suffer from this ,
    Does anyone else get worked up about it

My big panic anxiety thing is being sick or having the two bob bits in public , or eating and not keeping my food down .
    O god ive got a headache now

Re: Holiday Panic

Hello Vixi - Kefalonia, wow!

Oh how I'd love to go there!

I understand just what you're going through - I feel it every time I fly.

The 'flippy' tummy and the jitters start well before I'm due to go and I've even thought of cancelling at times !!

But, I'm always gald I stick it out and last time a couple of months ago I hust had so much support from people here I went and JFDI !!

I discovered Rescue Remedy for the first time and it was very successful (once I'd managed to spray it in the right place that is lol !) I also had an MP3 player with oodles of my favourite music and songs on.

Oh I still had the horrible churning tummy and creepy-skin symptoms, but I managed to 'ride the wave' so to speak and I'm so glad I did !

Yes, it does help to remember positive times and think about positive things - I recalled all the encouraging things that were said to me here before I left.

I ended up having a brilliant, (if somewhat eventful!), holiday and I really wish this for you too.

If I can be of any help send me a PM ok?

Big hug for you

Thanks GG

Yes I am thinking of trying the rescue remedey, again panics me slightly will it interfere with all the other meds lol

I have bought travala pro biotic to take when there to help not get upset tumm
    Amatriptaline for the anxiety and panic
    Now just started the pill to see if it will ease my panic (which tends to rear its head a few days before im due)
    Although I have checked with the doc and he said they are fine to take together, but it worries me, it will make me ill
    lol god the list is endless

I am really trying to stay positive and once im there i will relax its just the dam stress of the journey to get there

xx

Hi I too take the rescue remedy.
    I would love to ehar what kefalonia is like-thinking of there for next year! what part-any particular hotel etc you would recomend?
    Nigela x

Thread Information