Hi, I'm new to this site. I have suffered from anxiety in the past, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now.
After 6months of research and consideration, plus lots of nagging from the kids, we adopted a retired greyhound on Friday (our first dog). She's doing great apart from the fact that she's very clingy, and that's to be expected, but I'm falling apart. I can't sleep, haven't eaten since she arrived, I feel sick all the time. Im struggling to pin down what the issue is, but I do feel totally overwhelmed, plus sort of claustrophobic and like my space has been invaded. I am a control freak and obviously having a dog is unpredictable, but I never expected to feel this way, in fact I though having a pet would help.
Currently we have her on foster for a month, so I know I can send her back to rescue at any time, but how would I explain the reason to them or my kids? And the dog has done nothing wrong. I know though that if things don't get better I won't have any choice as I can't live feeling this way. Hope someone out there has some advice. Thanks in advance.