Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequent Urination

Frequent Urination

Hi

This is my first post here and it's something that has been bothering me for about 6 weeks now. I have a long history with Anxiety and I think that is what is causing this but I am peeing in full volume and worried that I am producing too much urine when I am not drinking much.

I am drinking about a litre of fluid a day so I am probably dehydrated but everytime I drink I pee.

I don't think it's helping the fact that I am sitting around thinking about my bladder constantly all day so I don't know if it's possible that it's causing anxiety and that's what is making me go so much.

The weird thing is that once I fall asleep I usually don't wake up to use the toilet it's mostly during the day.

Anyone ever experienced this

Re: Frequent Urination

It could be your anxiety, I need to go more when I'm sitting there thinking about my bladder and I know anxiety can make everything tense, including your bladder! I get it especially when I get into bed, I keep thinking I'll need to pee so I go like 3 times before I settle down. Been tested for bladder infections but found nothing, it's all psychological!

If you're not waking in the night to go to the toilet, then it probably is down to your anxiety because you're not so anxious when you're sleeping I know if I'm on edge or feeling nervous about something that triggers anxiety, I just cannot stop going...It's like I constantly feel that desperate need to go and I know it's just anxiety because I probably drink about as much as you do in a day! Once I'm not so anxious, it's nowhere near as much Once you fixate on something or worry about it, you end up turning it into a 'thing' and triggering things that make you convinced you are doing/have what you fear..

Thanks for the replies

I think it's probably to do with Anxiety as when all this started I think I had a UTI even though my urine test was clear but I had been on antibiotics so that could have altered the test. After hearing that I became convinced I had Intersistial Cystitis and have fixated on this and the sensation of needing to pee.

I was also scared to drink water in case it made me need the toilet so now even a sip of water gives me the bladder pressure but maybe that's because I am thinking about it constantly.

Hello. I used to be a bit obsessive about peeing. Like I had to pee before I ate or I felt I couldn't enjoy my food (?!). I'm still a bit that way at night. If I suspect there's anything in my bladder I go to the toilet a bunch of times in case.

Needing to go about 20 to 30 mins after you drink is just normal. If you aren't getting up at night then I'd say that's a really good sign. Anything sinister wouldn't just stop at night. It sounds like you're hyperaware of your bladder because of focusing on it so much like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    Hello. I used to be a bit obsessive about peeing. Like I had to pee before I ate or I felt I couldn't enjoy my food (?!). I'm still a bit that way at night. If I suspect there's anything in my bladder I go to the toilet a bunch of times in case.

Needing to go about 20 to 30 mins after you drink is just normal. If you aren't getting up at night then I'd say that's a really good sign. Anything sinister wouldn't just stop at night. It sounds like you're hyperaware of your bladder because of focusing on it so much like you say.
    Yeah I wondered if thinking about it could actually make me need to go but I guess maybe it can.

Yes, anxiety most definitely can cause frequent urination. It is an annoying anxiety symptom that started to affect me about a year ago, and then resolved on its own. It began as the urge or feeling that I needed to urinate all the time, even after I had just gone. At first I thought I had a bladder infection, but there were no other symptoms that would indicate that as the cause. Sometimes there would be a lot of urine and sometimes hardly any. Like you, I began to focus on my bladder a lot. I do believe that exacerbated the situation.

Eventually I had my urine and kidney functions tested and all values were normal. After that I began to focus less and less on my bladder sensations, and eventually the urge to pee all the time subsided. Just recently I learned that frequent urination is common among anxiety sufferers. I bet anxiety is the cause for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by au Lait View Post
    Yes, anxiety most definitely can cause frequent urination. It is an annoying anxiety symptom that started to affect me about a year ago, and then resolved on its own. It began as the urge or feeling that I needed to urinate all the time, even after I had just gone. At first I thought I had a bladder infection, but there were no other symptoms that would indicate that as the cause. Sometimes there would be a lot of urine and sometimes hardly any. Like you, I began to focus on my bladder a lot. I do believe that exacerbated the situation.

Eventually I had my urine and kidney functions tested and all values were normal. After that I began to focus less and less on my bladder sensations, and eventually the urge to pee all the time subsided. Just recently I learned that frequent urination is common among anxiety sufferers. I bet anxiety is the cause for you too.

I think the thing that is worrying me more than anything is that when I pee it's not just a dribble but usually full flow. I am not sure if Anxiety would cause this

Quote Originally Posted by MissRobron View Post
    I think the thing that is worrying me more than anything is that when I pee it's not just a dribble but usually full flow. I am not sure if Anxiety would cause this

How often would you say your going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    How often would you say your going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes it's once an hour other times it's more and then it can be between 90 minutes and 2 hours.

It seems to depend on when I have been drinking water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information