Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help fear of rabies.

help fear of rabies.

A week ago I was sitting in a park talking to my friends . Some of my friends are dog lovers they were giving biscuits to street dogs . Suddenly one of the dog came behind my back and startled me. Now I am thinking that somehow that street dog bit me and I didn't even noticed it. After 3 days of incident I check my back there were 2 red marks spaced 1 cm apart. It could be pimples. But I am very frightened now. Could I have been infected by rabies. Can anyone be bit by a dog and didn't even noticed. Plus the dogs were very playful and looking healthy. Please help me as anxiety is getting the better of me and I am feeling like loosing control over myself.

Re: help fear of rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by sakalaka View Post
    Can anyone be bit by a dog and didn't even noticed.
    I don't know if your illness won't allow you to believe it but "No". There are no what if's or any other variables.

If you read some of the other rabies threads you'll see the same irrationality. Can a "rabid" bat sneak into your house undetected, bite you undetected and sneak back out undetected?... The answer is? Your scenario presents the same impossibility.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know this is highly impossible but you know what anxiety and is does. It totally turns off yours brains logical side and only focuses on negative scenario.
    Anyways thanks for the reassurance.
    I guess I just have to try and forget the incident.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Also one more query please clarify can a dog bite puncture wound be healed in just 1 day.

Unless you were unconscious at the time, there is no way that an animal could bite you hard enough to puncture your skin without you being aware of it. To answer your second question, a dog bite couldn't heal in one day. That would not be possible. Bite wounds typically take about 7-10 days to heal. Take it from someone who has been bitten by dogs a few times. You are fine.

I know my fear is illogical but can anyone give me some tips how to control my anxiety. The thing is getting out of bounds. Will medication help?

For some yes, medication can help. Often a combination of medication and therapy seem to work best for many people. Have you ever tried CBT? I know how hard it is dealing with those illogical fears and thoughts. But you can get better.

The dog I was talking about above which I think bit me..... I saw today. It has been 3 weeks since that incident and the dog is healthy and alive. Do you think at the time of incident it could have spread rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by sakalaka View Post
    I saw today. It has been 3 weeks since that incident and the dog is healthy and alive. Do you think at the time of incident it could have spread rabies.
    Reading what you wrote, do you? Would this dog that you imagine bit you be healthy and alive if it had rabies?

NOTE: This is a yes or no answer.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is it true that some dogs can be asymptomatic carrier of rabies. That is they can pass the rabies virus but not show any symptoms and do not die within 10 days. If it's true then how likely it is .

In any case you would know if you had been bitten or not fact! I some times play rough with my dog and sometimes she catches me in play with her teeth but it's not a bite so you have to put it into prespective here you weren't bit and you haven't got rabies it's clear cut it's your anxiety that makes you believe you have been bitten when you haven't You will be fine 100% Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information