Thread: Can I just have some advice?

Can I just have some advice?

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but I am just a a loss.

A friend and I recently decided to become roommates. We looked for a place to live - that was stressful and compounded by the fact that she has a cat and I have a dog.

I won't go into too much detail, but the entire process was especially stressful for me as I was in the midst of moving anyway.

We found a place to live that was pet friendly with a nice landlord. Haven't moved in yet because when the carpet cleaners came they found fleas in the loft upstairs (everywhere else is hardwood). The house hadn't been occupied for several months, so I guess they've just been hanging out there.

Our landlord paid to have pest people come, they came, carpet was cleaned and the pest people are supposed to return Friday to recheck.

I was there tonight with my friend and we were just downstairs and found fleas on us. We also believe we found mouse droppings, so they've probably just been feeding on mice this whole time.

We are going to talk to the landlord tomorrow and also call the pest people to get their take on the situition. But we are both at a loss. I'm concerned this problem will be nearly impossible to resolve, and in the meantime us, our furniture, and pets could be at risk.

My pets have always been treated and we've never had a flea problem before. In fact, I'd never even seen one until tonight! My friend has dealt with fleas though and says they are incredibly difficult to get rid of, and especially traumatic once they infect a pet.

Ideas? Advice? General wisdom?

Thanks.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Can I just have some advice?

Urgh, I'd be reluctant to move in there to be honest. If it's been treated and there are STILL fleas and now you've seen evidence of mice that is a concern. Though puss cat may take care of the mice. Maybe they could remove the carpet?

Re: Can I just have some advice?

As Remo Gaggi once said..."why take a chance? "

I'd look elsewhere Poppy.

Thread Information