Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot spot twitch in foot

Hot spot twitch in foot

I've been down the rabbit hole of ALS anxiety multiple times since 2000 when I looked up twitching. I've had them all over my body, and as the years have gone on, I've learned to be pretty rational about it as most of my spells tend to go away after a week or so, until now.

Over the last few weeks or so the arch of my right foot twitches like crazy. Dozens of times a day. The more this goes on, the more I feel myself being drawn in again. A few times I've had a spot twitch for a week or two, but never this long.

Anyone?
    Last edited by nj; 13-09-17 at 16:21.

Re: Hot spot twitch in foot

Typical BFS

How old are you and how active are you? does sound like bfs but could be plantar fasciitis . as someone who is living in the rabbit hole of als i feel for you.

50 and quite active, though I do have severe arthritis in the front of that foot that will require surgery in about 2 years, but the twitching is in my arch.

I'm OK until it flares and then I get anxious for a while until my mind wanders elsewhere.

For the record, I do twitch in other spots but this one seems quite specific and more noticeable. But I've been twitching on and off for like 15 or more years so not sure why this one is bugging me so much. One time my elbow twitched for like a week solid.

If I could go back and time to the point I searched "muscle twitches" on the internet, I'd never have done it. Ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by nj; 13-09-17 at 17:39.

This is maddening! Yesterday I twitched in my foot once. Once. Mind you I twitched elsewhere on my body.

Today, it's like a twitch storm in my foot. Must be making up for it.

It was nice, I relaxed for a day and then today all the anxiety came rushing back.

17 years is a mighty long time to worry about a disease that would have killed you about 15 years ago, don't you think?

Ignore it, it'll go away.

Don't worry it will pass. My 4th toe twitched for about 8 months it was crazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaSugarbaker View Post
    17 years is a mighty long time to worry about a disease that would have killed you about 15 years ago, don't you think?

Ignore it, it'll go away.
    Absolute truth! Normally it doesn't phase me, this time only because it's been one spot so persistently.

I recently had a hot spot in my left foot, my middle little toe to be exact. It lasted for a solid 3 or 4 weeks before it finally stopped.

I've just never had a twitch in one spot go more than a few days. This is now almost 2 or 3 weeks. Past two days though, barely twitched. Today? Overdrive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information