Thread: Fluvoxamine

Thumbs down Fluvoxamine

I had been on 20mg of Citalopram for abour three months and was feeling alot better but my sex drive had vanished and when I mentioned this to my Dr he suggested I try 100mg fluvoxamine as it doesnt have the same effects, the pharmacist had to order it as it is not a well known AD in the UK . Well this tablet did not agree with me at all it gave me insomnia and if i did manage to fall asleep i was awake again 10 minutes later! It also gave me really bad constipation I couldnt go for days which in turn caused piles! I felt permanantly sick and spaced out and still didnt fancy sex it also made me feel depressed and I was taking tablets for anxiety not depression. The only good thing was my appetite went so I lost a bit of weight! Anyway I am back on citalopram again now and feeling much better thank goodness and I just wondered if anyone else had tried these tablets and what side effects they had.

Re: Fluvoxamine

Hi Dolly

If you put the word fluvoxamine in the search facility at the top of this screen you will find some post regarding this medication.

Hope that helps.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thread Information