Thread: Nausea on Zoloft is almost worse than the anxiety

Nausea on Zoloft is almost worse than the anxiety

I'm so....... incredibly.... nauseous. Almost sun up to sun down. I'm surely going to lose a few pounds because it's keeping me from eating. I get better around dinner time. Then sometimes get again before bed. I've only taken 4 nights now, fairly close to completion of dinner - 2 hours after eating. And it's awful. I feel less zombie like today but the nausea is so bad I can't take it. I'm about to drop myself down to 25 mg or just ween off after one week of trying if it doesn't stop. Sure panic attacks are bad, but this - this is almost worse.

I've been on 100mg in the past - ended it 5+ years ago so can't remember, but it wasn't this bad at the start - maybe it was? But this is just miserable! I'm on 50 mg right now. 1/2 of what I took way back in the day. You'd think it wouldn't be this hard this time around on this pill.

Anyone in the same boat or has anyone had this start up side effect before? Needing quite a few words of encouragement here to keep on with these dumb pills that are "supposed to" "help."

Re: Nausea on Zoloft is almost worse than the anxiety

it was doing the same with me fallingstar, but mostly give me loose bowel movement, so have started taking the med first thing in the morning with a banana lol as soon as i take the med I can hear my stomach gurgling inside, god knows what its doing in there, I take imodium for the loose bowel movement which also seems to sort out the stomach issue

I hope for the best for both of you. I lasted a whopping 21 days on this med. It's just not Zoloft I can't take any of them. I saw therapist and used the tools she gave me. I am now anxiety free and medication free. I would rather be me than something I'm not on medication. I was on 25 mg and never increased it. I was up at 4am to the bathroom, couldn't eat, laid in the bed as a zombie. Just wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    I hope for the best for both of you. I lasted a whopping 21 days on this med. It's just not Zoloft I can't take any of them. I saw therapist and used the tools she gave me. I am now anxiety free and medication free. I would rather be me than something I'm not on medication. I was on 25 mg and never increased it. I was up at 4am to the bathroom, couldn't eat, laid in the bed as a zombie. Just wasn't for me.
    This is kind of how I feel on 50mg right now. I'm trying to give the meds a "chance" but if I still feel ill in a week, 2 weeks after starting it, I can't keep taking it. I think a couple weeks is a fair go at it, in my honest opinion.

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
    it was doing the same with me fallingstar, but mostly give me loose bowel movement, so have started taking the med first thing in the morning with a banana lol as soon as i take the med I can hear my stomach gurgling inside, god knows what its doing in there, I take imodium for the loose bowel movement which also seems to sort out the stomach issue
    I am not having bathroom issues thankfully - though at this point I may welcome that vs nausea lol! I have to drive 30 min back and forth to work and do a 9am-5pm job, so I'd be scared to take in the morning - fearing the drowsiness... I take at night and what I feel most from it is shakiness and anxiety upon first waking up. It subsides within 5 minutes or so. I almost feel startled upon waking!

Strange, I dont seem to get any drowsiness with it, if I did I would be taking them at night, as for the morning wake up, I still get that, but think thats just anxiety, its not as severe as it used to be, maybe the meds, its weird though, I dont seem to be getting the physical anxiety, stomach churning etc, panic mode etc etc, but my mind still thinks about it, work does help me though, it gets my mind of it.

Thread Information