Thread: Arm and leg weakness (ALS fear)

Arm and leg weakness (ALS fear)

Hey guys

I have been suffering with bizarre symptoms for about 5 months now and I'm terrified. I started off having pain in my pelvic area and frequent urination followed quickly by tinnitus in one ear. An MRI later, I was all clear on the tumor front and my brain had no signs of lesions.

Now, I'm getting burning feelings in both my arms and legs and am having a hard time keeping anything in my hands for long periods of time, even light objects. My legs feel like they are going to give out and are so incredibly sore. My hands are also shaking when I type or extend them out. Im also getting twitches in my muscles.

I'm terrified that these new symptoms are the sign of something like ALS or MS. The twitching muscles and weak legs and arms are the most concerning. Anyone else have symptomsnlike these. The leg and arm soreness are constant for the past 3 days.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Arm and leg weakness (ALS fear)

Are your anxiety levels high? If so, are you constantly feeling anxious? You've had an MRI and neuro exam, so I would say your symptoms are due to anxiety and stress.

What does your neurologist think?

Never Surrender, Comrade

My nuro did a strength test and it was ok. The MRI I had was only on the brain and not the spine so I'm freaked out I have lesions there. My anxiety is through the roof.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Do you have benzos or other med for your anxiety? You can't go on with such levels of anxiety "through the roof"

It is much more likely that stress is causing muscle fatigue than "lesions". The fact that your muscle strength is normal heavily discounts that theory.

Never Surrender, Comrade

The ALS rabbit hole is deep and narrow. You REALLY don't want to go down there.

Please read this!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

ALS weakness isn't one's arms feeling tired or legs feeling shaky. It's when you have a constant limp or drop foot for no reason, or you can't hold a spoon between your thumb and pointer finger. You lose complete control over a muscle. Individuals usually have multiple falls for no reason, or they can't unlock their door with a key. I seemed to get pain when I was hyper aware of my arms and legs. They would twitch and I would constantly do strength tests and would seem to fatigue so fast because my body was so hyper aware . It made me feel every bit of lactic acid in my muscles . You have to relax and stop letting this worry you. You've seen a doctor and he or she saw nothing that would point to any mnd. Calm your mind and the body will follow.

Thread Information