Hello everyone, my name is Em and I'm new here. Nice to 'meet you.'

I have obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and restless leg syndrome.

I was recently given 25mgs of Lyrica to take an hour before bed, 25mg for 2 weeks up to 50mg. This was after a sleep test told me I was very restless during sleep and had excessive day time sleepiness. I thought I'd give it a shot. Prozac was awful and scarred me a tad, so I've avoided SSRI's. I would like to go back on one perhaps due to my depression, but a lot of it is to do with my OCD thoughts and lack of sleep I feel, so thought Lyrica would help reading the positive reviews on various sites. I've been taking it for 5 days and have had a mild headache the next day and a little dizziness but that's about it.

I am even more awake at night than ever and have had awful dreams. I'd not mind the side effects if it sedated me but it really hasn't and I'm still tossing and turning, which is a little frustrating. I realize it takes a while to kick in, and apologize for my impatience, but at the same time I feel I'm on such a low dose that it may not be enough to work. I really want to talk to the GP and ask if I can up my dose. Is this reasonable? I also feel I'd prefer to take one in the morning as the half life isn't that long and I need some help during the day not just at night with my OCD thoughts and anxiety.. anyway..

How long did Lyrica take to 'kick in' for you?
At what dose do you feel is the best for results?
And how long did your side effects last?

Thanks so much. You seem a lovely, supportive community.