Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair loss worry

Re: Hair loss worry

I had this too, especially around my hairline at the front. It all grew back eventually.

I wanted to check back in as i have felt like I was really starting to make progress with this...however in the last 2-3 days I have really noticed the anxiety creeping back. I've started checking again, counting hairs, checking my hair for thinness. I had started taking a hair, skin and nails supplement but it's made my skin breakout in horrendous spots (which obviously adds to my anxiety) I'm also still taking an iron supplement. But I'm dreading showering and washing my hair again. Or anyone touching my hair unnecessarily..i don't know why I have took such a huge step back..

I e been losing hair since July too! I think mine is from a very stressful event in April. But I still can't stop checking. And I've lost perspectives e on how much hair is normal to lose after a shower, blow drying, etc.

Molehill..i know exactly what you mean. I can't remember how much was normal before I became so obsessed with losing my hair. I'm so hyper aware of any hair fall that I'm at a loss to what is normal. I just want to have normal rational thoughts. I wake up 2-3 hrs before my alarm dreading my morning shower. I'm constantly checking, now with an led torch, my head, floor, bed and pillow when I get up. I know how crazy I sound. It's making me so ill..

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

I've also been to my doctors and had blood tests..im awaiting those results hopefully after the weekend..

5. Re: Hair loss worry

There is a difference between permanent and temporary hairloss. Hairloss that is connected to stress is temporary if you don’t have genetics of the permanent variant. The stress one in itself is not permanent your body is just being put in a certain mode where the hair follicles are less active due to the survival mechanism of stress where ur body prioritizes other aspects of your body instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information