Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair loss worry

Re: Hair loss worry

GPs don't have much of a clue about hair loss. My experience has been that if you have a good head of hair they don't even take it seriously. That's what happened with me. I had lots of hair. I lost lots of hair. I agonised over my hair loss for months but because I still had lots of hair the doctor didn't take it seriously. Go to a dermatologist. Probably not an ancient one who tells you to eat jelly beans though lol

Thank you for all your replies...Had my usual anxiety about washing my hair this morning, woke up before alarm, stomach churning etc. However I forced myself to NOT count any hairs which I haven't done in so so long. I still feel my anxiety bubbling away under the surface but I'm desperately trying to calm myself and keep busy.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkgirl View Post
    Thank you for all your replies...Had my usual anxiety about washing my hair this morning, woke up before alarm, stomach churning etc. However I forced myself to NOT count any hairs which I haven't done in so so long. I still feel my anxiety bubbling away under the surface but I'm desperately trying to calm myself and keep busy.

You did great to break the compulsion and not count. I too have a fear that I am loosing my hair and I seem to want to avoid brushing it, but obviously I have to eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi, Does anyone think that using a conditioner on your hair after washing is good or bad? I have so many products I just don't know whish to choose.

I shed like crazy before my wedding earlier this year. I thought I'd be bald by my wedding day! It normalized during my honeymoon. Stress can do a number on our bodies.

I also seem to lose a bit of hair when season transition. I always thought it was common.

It is reassuring to read everyone else's experiences but the nagging voice if anxiety always speaks louder and says nope you're gonna go bald!..I always condition my hair but that's when I notice it all coming out..but I've always conditioned after shampoo just to keep it soft.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkgirl View Post
    It is reassuring to read everyone else's experiences but the nagging voice if anxiety always speaks louder and says nope you're gonna go bald!..I always condition my hair but that's when I notice it all coming out..but I've always conditioned after shampoo just to keep it soft.
    Hair does come out daily, it's just natural. I think you are hyper aware of it now and it's giving you anxiety but there is nothing wrong.

JUst a FYI- I just bought this shampoo called Argan, and it really poofs up the hair. Doubt it will stop the loss, but it helps hide it!

Mine is still hemorrhaging, BTW.

Just had the worst panic attack whilst checking my hair and scalp...it looks so thin on the sides and on top. My heart is racing, I'm hot I want to cry..i hate this so much

If you are that worried about it go and see a dermatologist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information