Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Dr thinks I would benefit from citalopram or similar. 10 yrs anxiety, slowly getting worse. Blood pressure always high. On warfarin. Heard of bleeding issues with citalopram. Anyone had any problems ? Should I take the plunge ?

Re: Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by binashubby View Post
    Dr thinks I would benefit from citalopram or similar. 10 yrs anxiety, slowly getting worse. Blood pressure always high. On warfarin. Heard of bleeding issues with citalopram. Anyone had any problems ? Should I take the plunge ?

What have you got to lose?

Not a lot I suppose thinking about it....

I was worried about side effects as well [curse you Dr. Google!], but started on 10mg and have been taking that dose for the past 5 weeks.

Side effects for the 1st week for me were nausea, lack of appetite/motivation, insomnia [1st couple of nights], dry mouth, and a few bouts of increased anxiety/night sweats that woke me up the first couple of nights [which I then fell back asleep].

By the 2nd week - lack of appetite/motivation were the only side effects. To get over the motivation issue, I forced myself to get up and do things that would keep me distracted or out of the house.

3rd week - I was back to normal and it's helped me overcome most of my social related anxieties. there are still a few blips [anxious moments] every now and then, but they typically end after about a minute

The only side effects I had were the sexual dysfunction, tiredness and headaches/dry mouth. I came off them because of the tiredness and decided now to go back on them because being tired is way better than how I’m feeling.

No one experienced Torsade de Pointes while on them ?

Of the 34million people on antidepressants . only a few people post anywhere . I just find it strange..with everyone's side effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu1960 View Post
    Of the 34million people on antidepressants . only a few people post anywhere . I just find it strange..with everyone's side effects...

Good point LuLu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu1960 View Post
    Yeah that is interesting.

On the 2nd day of taking Citalopram, I went to the doctor to see what kind of OTC drugs I could take [Tylenol, etc]. When the admitting nurse asked how I was doing, I told her I had a ton of side effects. She said "that's strange - most people don't have a problem. But everyone is different".

Thread Information