Thread: Propranolol

Propranolol

Hi All,

I am continuing my now month long struggle with breathing anxiety and constant tight chest. I have been on an increased dosage of citalopram for 3 weeks and have just had my second counselling session which is helping.

I went to the doctors again this morning and he gave me some reassurance (probably not helpful as i already know its anxiety) and he gave me 10mg Propranolol. I don't really suffer with full blown panic attacks in certain situations where it gets bad then goes away, its more general anxiety where my body is in a constant anxious state, and i feel it mostly in my chest.

Will Proporanolol help me with this or is it pointless? I saw a doctor i haven't seen before today and he almost just laughed it off. Just looking for experiences. Thank you

Re: Propranolol

Propranolol will help calm you down. It works by telling the brain to slow the hearts rate and thereby produce less Adrenalin which is the cause of the stomach butterflies and excitement.

Its banned in some sports because of its calming effects, after dinner speakers may take it, people before exams etc.

Only thing is, I found it takes up to one and a half hours to get going and a dry mouth.

Hi

We have a whole forum dedicated to this medication so I will move your post there and you can have a read of the other posts there in the meantime.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Been on it before done a sterling job for 3 years but now I need something a bit stronger as the depression crept in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information