Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head tremor and shaking

Head tremor and shaking

Hi everybody I'm new to the forum and have been suffering over the last 2 months with what the doctors keep telling me is anxiety.

I've had various symptoms, but lately in the last two weeks or so I'm getting a pulsing feeling in my head, almost in line with my heartbeat, more towards the back of my head and it feels like it makes my head tremor and shake. This can happen for nearly the whole day but if I'm doing something I can sorta forget about it. I've tried to keep still and look in the mirror to see if I can see my head shake, it does sometimes but very very slightly. I would like to think that as humans it probably impossible to stand and keep head still 100%. I want to th hospital yday and they did a physical neurological exam and said everything is fine - I told them about the pulsing and head shaking and the consultant said it's gona be down to anxiety and especially with the other symptoms I've had previously.

The other thing is it seems to get worse when I'm trying to sleep, lying down or have my head rested on say a head rest. I keep thinking about it and I don't know if it is fuelling my HA. I also need to stop googling symptoms!

It feels like my heart rate is fast when this happens, and I can hear my heartbeat/rate when laying down.

Has anyone else had symptoms like these or can relate to what I'm posting?

The previous symptoms I have were palpitations, shortness of breath, chest heaviness, pins and needles in hands, muscles vibrating and twitching, feeling dizzy and lightheaded, strange pressure sensations in the head, vision issues like shaky/jumpy vision and after images. Blood pressure has also been elevated in this time. These seems to have subsided somewhat.
    I have had multiple ecgs, blood tests, 24 hour bp monitor, physical neurological exams and all came out fine. Been to two opticians and emergency eye hospital and told eyes are fine. All drs I gave seen have also said I'm fine but I think my HA is just killing me.

Thanks.

Re: Head tremor and shaking

Hey, I get Lot of that stuff too, I've had it for 3 years and I'm still alive , not disabled or blind or extremely sick, take it easy, your fine , the human body is tricky thing, you fuel it with enough fear and it will give u exactly want u want, but hey coming from someone who thinks he might have ALS haha well I think I'll let you be the judge of how bad it really is��

Hey ozcar thanks for the reply!
    Ok that makes me feel better that I'm not going mad and other people have symptoms like what I'm experiencing. Do you (or have had) specifically get the head shaking/vibration that I mentioned? It's like sometimes I could be looking at something and I can actually see my glasses vibrating left to right in my peripheral vision, like the muscles are causing it. It can even make my vision shake slightly if I'm focusing on something close (say like the wrighting on a deodorant can) Or staring in the mirror I can see slight vibrations or movement in my face.
    I asked my dad when I could see my glasses vibrate if he could look at me and he says he can't see nothing, but then his eyesight isn't great either lol or it's very fient that only I can "see" it.

As for you ALS scare, I'm sure you know already that you do not have that, to a rare disorder and by now it would have progressed a lot more that you would be having a lot of problems.y dad was unwell a few moths back and the docs thought it could be an neuro issue (he is better now ) and I talked to the neuro consultant about the possibility of als/mnd and he told me the effects etc do I got an insight of what it can or can't be.....trust me man you ain't got it! I'm also scared that I have MS but then I just tell myself to think logically, esp as I made the mistake of constantly googling the symptoms (I'm a healthcare professional so I should know better than to do that!) but have not suffered from HA on this level before. I knew the basics of anxiety symptoms but never thought it could manifest itself in so many different ways.

Hello how are you doing now?because the opening post is exactly what im experiencing like a thudding pulse in my head what feels like shakes my brain and my vision shakes i have had it for 2 months

Hi Potter,

Ive actually been reading a few of your posts over the last few weeks so can relate aswell.

ok so for me it all started in Aug with what you could describe as classic anxiety symptoms as i was told by the docs in A and E. (palpitations, high bp, numbness pins and needles, strange rush type sensations in neck and head, shaking/shimmering vision) Most of the have subsided but i still have the Head tremor and shaking. It kinda went away for about a month but has come back in the last 3-4 weeks, seems worse at night but can be present in the day too. Now it feels the pulse rate is normal but it is just hard/throbbing.

Well it feels like a strong pulse in my head, especially near the temples and around the eyes and sometimes behind the eyes. If i sleep on my sides i can feel it more on the side of the head that is restong on the pillow. Makes my vision shake, especially when i stare at one thing for say a minute. Im getting eye muscle twitches too esp when looking or focusing on something. Like something is tugging the eyeball and the eye lids twitch. Makes vision shake and shimmer intermittently. Again sometimes i can feel and see my head move/twitch if i look in the mirror, like a pulsing/shake feeling, as if its happening internally but i can just about see it on the outside. I doubt anyone would be able to see it.

I went for an eye test again a few weeks ago, and when they ask me to keep head still i can feel it shaking and tremor, even the doc noticed it. I dunno if its because im worried or anxiety or an actual neuro issue, as i have passed all my physical neuro tests. Eyes themselves are fine structually and no pathology in them, but the opthamologist is kinda worried about the head tremor and is wondering if its causing the eye muscle issues and shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy81 View Post
    Hi Potter,

Ive actually been reading a few of your posts over the last few weeks so can relate aswell.

ok so for me it all started in Aug with what you could describe as classic anxiety symptoms as i was told by the docs in A and E. (palpitations, high bp, numbness pins and needles, strange rush type sensations in neck and head, shaking/shimmering vision) Most of the have subsided but i still have the Head tremor and shaking. It kinda went away for about a month but has come back in the last 3-4 weeks, seems worse at night but can be present in the day too. Now it feels the pulse rate is normal but it is just hard/throbbing.

Well it feels like a strong pulse in my head, especially near the temples and around the eyes and sometimes behind the eyes. If i sleep on my sides i can feel it more on the side of the head that is restong on the pillow. Makes my vision shake, especially when i stare at one thing for say a minute. Im getting eye muscle twitches too esp when looking or focusing on something. Like something is tugging the eyeball and the eye lids twitch. Makes vision shake and shimmer intermittently. Again sometimes i can feel and see my head move/twitch if i look in the mirror, like a pulsing/shake feeling, as if its happening internally but i can just about see it on the outside. I doubt anyone would be able to see it.

I went for an eye test again a few weeks ago, and when they ask me to keep head still i can feel it shaking and tremor, even the doc noticed it. I dunno if its because im worried or anxiety or an actual neuro issue, as i have passed all my physical neuro tests. Eyes themselves are fine structually and no pathology in them, but the opthamologist is kinda worried about the head tremor and is wondering if its causing the eye muscle issues and shaking.
    Your symptoms are identical to mine but i do have an eye condition and recently had a transplant but before i had that i was getting burning sendations in my hands then started getting tremors in my legs and arms and to be honest they arnt as bad now but the tremoring in head is still there like you if i look at phone i can see the screen moving slightly from side to side as if its going with the pulse in my head,ive also started to feel really off balance when i walk as if im on a boat and my legs are like spaghetti it is really frustating,theres only so many times i can go the doctors or a and e.i have a neuro appointment which i demanded and that is in april,i see my eye surgeon in jan so im going to have her to look at my eyes to see if theres any problems.i also start cbt in a few weeks lets just hope its stress for the pair of us

THe head pulsing you are feeling with the vision being made to vibrate is just like what I’ve been experiencing. Some days are better than others and sometimes it can just come on, depending on what I’m looking at. I can feel it more when I stare at something. I get the feeling of an internal vibration in the head and sometimes upper body and around behind eyes. It’s hard to explain but it’s very frustrating.

Hello guys I've had the same thing. It started about 2 years ago with just the pins and needles and over the last few months I've had internal tremors in k head and upper body and hands. In my head it literally feels like my brain is being rattled. It's not painful but does hinder my sleep as it's a lot more apparent at times of rest. I've been told it's a anxiety too but I really don't feel anxious and live a very stress free life. I've had a normal mri and ecg and I just don't know what else it could be or how to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy81 View Post
    Hi everybody I'm new to the forum and have been suffering over the last 2 months with what the doctors keep telling me is anxiety.

I've had various symptoms, but lately in the last two weeks or so I'm getting a pulsing feeling in my head, almost in line with my heartbeat, more towards the back of my head and it feels like it makes my head tremor and shake. This can happen for nearly the whole day but if I'm doing something I can sorta forget about it. I've tried to keep still and look in the mirror to see if I can see my head shake, it does sometimes but very very slightly. I would like to think that as humans it probably impossible to stand and keep head still 100%. I want to th hospital yday and they did a physical neurological exam and said everything is fine - I told them about the pulsing and head shaking and the consultant said it's gona be down to anxiety and especially with the other symptoms I've had previously.

The other thing is it seems to get worse when I'm trying to sleep, lying down or have my head rested on say a head rest. I keep thinking about it and I don't know if it is fuelling my HA. I also need to stop googling symptoms!

It feels like my heart rate is fast when this happens, and I can hear my heartbeat/rate when laying down.

Has anyone else had symptoms like these or can relate to what I'm posting?

The previous symptoms I have were palpitations, shortness of breath, chest heaviness, pins and needles in hands, muscles vibrating and twitching, feeling dizzy and lightheaded, strange pressure sensations in the head, vision issues like shaky/jumpy vision and after images. Blood pressure has also been elevated in this time. These seems to have subsided somewhat.
    I have had multiple ecgs, blood tests, 24 hour bp monitor, physical neurological exams and all came out fine. Been to two opticians and emergency eye hospital and told eyes are fine. All drs I gave seen have also said I'm fine but I think my HA is just killing me.

Thanks.
    Anyone else get this? Mine has started again and word for word this is whats happening to me?all my tests clear mri bloods,neurologist says its nothing sinister.many doctors say anxiety.its so frustrating i cant relax as my head feels lile its bobbing up and down side to side my vision moves with it

Me too..driving me crazy I've had an MRI and ECG and nothing wrong but it just wont stop. Had it 7 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information