Thread: very specific and uncommon symptom of breathing ?!

very specific and uncommon symptom of breathing ?!

Hi everyone
    If i am here it is because i have a very weird symptome that I Cant explain myself and that i feel every DAY for 3 months now, i couldnt find any information in french so i m trying here, hoping that, i am not the only one :

So, my problem is, I feel like i am always breathing TOO MUCH AIR or no air AT ALL. Thats why i dont find anyone with this, it is the opposite of a feeling of suffocation, i just feel like I do not breath. It is very very scary. I do not live anymore. I cant do anything. Of course, sometimes I think/ i feel it so much about it that i got panic attack, tbh almost every day.

I ve seen 5 doctors in 3 months. But I feel like they are not searching enough. But i dont know anything about health so i probably shouldnt say that...!! But the struggle is so real i cant believe it is just me !! most of the time they use their stethoscope and i got one blood test.

Anyway.. i do not take any meds, but i saw a psychiatrist, who gives me one ad and one anti anxiety, that i might take soon, even tho im afraid, because, truly i dont live anymore, its surviving.

thanks you

Re: very specific and uncommon symptom of breathing ?!

Hi Suzie,

You are most definitely not alone in this. Sometimes I have the feeling the air I breathe is so heavy that my chest cannot hold it and sometimes I have to place my hand underneath my nose to check that I am in fact breathing. It's the most distressing symptom I have ever had. I feel like I could collapse any moment because my lungs have stopped working.Breathing techniques have not helped at all, because they make me focus more in my breathing patterns and it really freaks me out.
    Breathing and throat symptoms are really scary and I can relate when you say this is not a way to live. Doctors that have treated me have reassured me that there is nothing seriously wrong with me ( physically, that is), just chronic sinusitis, and I also think they are missing something... They probably aren't. It 's our anxious brain making us believe otherwise.

If your psychiatrist has prescribed you a medicine, I suggest you give it a go, see how you feel.

I wish you feel better soon and I'm here, should you need someone to talk to about this issue ( even in French, if you prefer )

Hi ! thanks a lot for your answer ! it means a lot !!
    I hope you will find relief soon too :-(

uppp

Sorry to hear you struggle with this Suzie. I do too. I wish I had some answers for you. I hope it goes away for both of us. I know how it seems to suck the life right out of you.
    Last edited by Barnabas75; 23-09-17 at 23:44.

Thread Information