Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ALS Fear

Re: ALS Fear

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    Yeah, I'm OK for a few days but then it creeps back in. Sometimes it seems absurd to me, then I'm back in the doubt cycle. There's no rhyme or reason. What i can rationalise and diminish one day, seems like strong evidence the next. It's like I've lost all perspective and/or objectivity.
    Yes it works the same for me. I have a couple good days and then a setback when I am paralyzed with fear again. It's discouraging but it will get better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm OK for a few days but then it creeps back in. Sometimes it seems absurd to me, then I'm back in the doubt cycle. There's no rhyme or reason. What i can rationalise and diminish one day, seems like strong evidence the next. It's like I've lost all perspective and/or objectivity.
    Bingo. This is exactly my cycle to a T. Right now I am pretty good. But in a few days....

It will always come back around until you decide to treat it. All it takes is some stress to trigger it...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It will always come back around until you decide to treat it. All it takes is some stress to trigger it...
    I've noticed that, how when any kind of stressor presents itself, my mind ramps up the HA. It's as though it funnels all the anxiety into my disease fear, where it's manageable, contained (?)

I've noticed that, how when any kind of stressor presents itself, my mind ramps up the HA. It's as though it funnels all the anxiety into my disease fear, where it's manageable, contained (?)
    Yup, that’s normal for a person with OCD. My buddy has harm OCD, and when she gets stressed out, she starts worrying about if she hurt someone in some way and she forgot about it.

I have GAD and PTSD. When I get stressed, I start worrying about everything, like work stuff, house stuff, did I send en email, etc. sometimes the PTSD takes over a bit and I worry about safety of my family.

This is how anxious brains work.

But the meds I’m on prevent me from getting lost up in the spiral. And the host of other techniques I learned in therapy help a lot as well.

It is so nice to hear others explain their thought processes and to know immnot alone.

Back here guys.
    So, rewinding a bit into the past. This summer , 7 months ago I started to develop twitching. Simmertically and permanently calves are the ones where is persisting and I also have mild cramps.

Sometime twiches were hard and sometimes I barely feel them.
    They happen in the other parts of the body as well, but not frequent, they come and go.

Did spine MRI and found a L5 S1 mild radiculopaty and the nerve conduction study + EMG found absolutely no spontaneuos activity in the muscles, nor the medical exam found absolutely no evidence of ALS/MND.

7 months and I haven't developed something sinister ( Weakness or atrophy ) and I am planning to do another EMG to follow up.

I was in a worst depression and anxiety period till my PCP and me agreed that I should start and take PAXIL 20mg / day which in 2 weeks ( combined with xanax ) It really really helped.

Neurologist told me that Zoloft MG / day might work.

At this point each time I get a twitch my **S Fears comes back, seems that PAXIL doesn't really work or my body started to tolerate it.

Dunno what to do because I'm not happy about it. Should I start on Zoloft or I should ask my PCP If I should increase the PAXIL Dose?

What are your experiences so far? I never went off paxil till now, had some days when I forgot to take it but now I'm in a limbo I guess.

I can tell you that Zoloft really helped me in conjunction with one on one therapy when I was dealing with some depression after my first heart attack. It helped my mind quiet down and enabled me to focus on the techniques that help me pull out of the funk I was in.

Talk to your doctor. It's certainly worth a try IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I can tell you that Zoloft really helped me in conjunction with one on one therapy when I was dealing with some depression after my first heart attack. It helped my mind quiet down and enabled me to focus on the techniques that help me pull out of the funk I was in.

Talk to your doctor. It's certainly worth a try IMO.

Positive thoughts
    Agreed 100%

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information