Thread: Scared of stomach cancer...need help

Scared of stomach cancer...need help

Hello,

About two months ago I started to feel mild abdominal pain and after starting noticing the fact they were staying started to lose my appetite and weight, with nausea while eating.
    My GP told me it could be gastritis and gave me omeprazole and domperidone. He also gave me a basic blood test to do and echography. Both were ok. No anemia, nothing irregular.The next days I started to feel better, got my appetite back and a lot of hunger actually followed by fullness then hunger and fullness. I decided to take the omeprazole. Two weeks after I had a long journey by bus and i felt nauseaous during all the trip. I also felt nauseous the next days and had to force myself eating. Also, as my anxiety grew I felt i was keeping food for a long time in my stomach. On the way back, same thing in the bus, nausea. I lost 1,5 kg this week plus the 0,5 kg from before. I also realised my pain in stomach stopped. I then decided to stop taking omeprazole as i thought it was making me sick. I got reflux. Last monday, tuesday and wednesday I got my appetite back although i digested my dinner for quite a long time between wednesday and thursday. I saw a GI doctor yesterday and he told me that these symptoms were quite common for his domain. He asked me if i wanted to see if the symptoms would come back (in like 7 days, a week, 2 weeks as there was no rush) or if i wanted to do next week a gastroscopy to see of there was something and also reassure me. I picked the latter. But now I'm really scared they find something. There is a history of hiatus hernia and GeRD in my family. I for example had reflux for my whole life but wasn't diagnosed for GERD. I am a man. 33 years old. I have been thinking about cancer for the last 2 months. Day and night ( i sleep 2/3 hours anf wake up 5 times maybe), my girlfriend broke up with me as i was constantly anxious. My parents say : our GP says uou have nothing, if the GI thought it was serious he would have told you...

I really don't know what to do...
    Did someone went through the same symptoms?

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Olil; 22-09-17 at 07:44.

Re: Scared of stomach cancer...need help

I also am scared of stomach cancer at the moment, I have no appetite, get full too easy, some burping and feel full all the time, I'm 26 and seeing the doc next week. Very scared at the moment

Thread Information