Thread: Insomnia with GAD

Insomnia with GAD

A recent panic attack "awoke" my GAD. I'd always been more prone to worry than everyone else but the past few weeks have been harsh with uncontrollable worrying and negative thoughts. CBT has been helping a lot but this past week I've been struggling with insomnia. I'd hotten maybe 5 hours, 6 on 2 lucky nights, of sleep per day and last night I couldn't sleep at all despite being sleepy all day. I've meditated before bed every night, I exercise every day, I've even gotten into a routine where I take an hour walk before bed and when i het home, I keep the lights off, don't use any electronics, and then go straight to my bed and meditate. I've been determined to beat my GAD with no medicine and hust therapy but this is so difficult now because of my insomnia. Can anyone give some advice? Or your experiences? How long does this insomnia last?

Re: Insomnia with GAD

Quote Originally Posted by Landinghughes View Post
    A recent panic attack "awoke" my GAD. I'd always been more prone to worry than everyone else but the past few weeks have been harsh with uncontrollable worrying and negative thoughts. CBT has been helping a lot but this past week I've been struggling with insomnia. I'd hotten maybe 5 hours, 6 on 2 lucky nights, of sleep per day and last night I couldn't sleep at all despite being sleepy all day. I've meditated before bed every night, I exercise every day, I've even gotten into a routine where I take an hour walk before bed and when i het home, I keep the lights off, don't use any electronics, and then go straight to my bed and meditate. I've been determined to beat my GAD with no medicine and hust therapy but this is so difficult now because of my insomnia. Can anyone give some advice? Or your experiences? How long does this insomnia last?
    I would like to know how you manage to meditate with anxiety, 5 to 6 hours is good for me every night, you're doing everything to get you tired. My way is go to bed later at night you soon get used to it, mind there is some crap films on late at night ps turn the lights on you may fall down stairs
    the white noise its a myth'

Thread Information