Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok ppl I went to the docs...

Ok ppl I went to the docs...

Hi everybody,

I managed to get myself to the docs, after my mum revealing she does care really!!!

So the doc put me on some medication and told me to come back in 4 weeks time (one month basically) to see how im doing, and if thats not going to help then we try other things, like therapy.

I guess im happy with that. Its a good start. Least I feel like I have the ball rolling now.

Although she was rude to me..she told me I seem fine, and why was I there basically, which wound me up so much, and between trying to find out what country I'm from, and how long Iv been living in the UK, we finally got something done!!!

ppl can be so ignorant...

hello Mariama,

Well done for going to the docs!! It can be very difficult to force yourself to go as you never know what to expect. I was very nrevous about going at the beginning but was so relieved after having been. I'm sure you feel the same. What meds have you been prescribed?

Sarah

Hi Mariama

People can be ignorant at times can't they, especially doctors ! Doctors can be hard work, when you go back, if you think you will benefit from therapy then don't hesitate to ask for it whether she thinks you need it or not. But you've made a good start and you should be proud, like you say, you have the ball rolling now.

Good Luck

mico

Hi Mariama

Well done for going to the doctors. I'm sorry she was less than sympathetic. It might be worth considering seeing a different doctor in the practice next time if you don't feel she is taking you seriously.

I hope the medication helps, although I still think it is worth considering some therapy otherwise if nothing changes when you come off the medication you are likely still experience the same difficulties.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Mariama,

Sorry to here that your doc was rude to you.
    As you say the ball is rolling now.
    Let us know how you get on with the meds.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end.

Hi Miriama,

Well done you have made the first step! Sorry the Dr was rude. Its so hard to find a real caring Dr now a days. Keep up the good work!

Take care

Love PIP'S

Hi Mariama

Im glad you got yourself off to the doctors. Its a really good first step for you. You are right, people can be funny cant they?
    What meds did she prescribe you? Hopefully they will kick in within a few weeks and will start to help you.

Take care
    Sarah
    xx

Hi Mariama

Well done for going to the docs, and although she may have been offish she recognised at the end that you are having problems.

If the medication helps you that will be great but dont forget it takes a while to get in your system and can sometimes highlight how we feel.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thanx everyone...

well she put me of fluoxetine, prozac I believe..
    she said im depressed, I have to treat the depression, these will help with axiaty as well,
    I have to go back in a month to asess me... (im not to hot with spelling)...

They always treat me like that there actually, so I said to my mum, i'll change doctors...

Good luck on the meds.

If you have any issues then let us know cos a few of us (including me) have been on Prozac so there are some posts here about it.

Sorry the doc wasn't sympathetic - I had one like that once but now have a brilliant one but the downside is that everyone thinks he is brilliant and an appointment is usually 2 weeks away!

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information