Thread: Lymph node situation update...

Lymph node situation update...

Soooo the lump in my armpit was in fact a lymph node as suspected! I had an ultrasound yesterday and it all looks normal and "reactive"! It has gone down, but still swollen after 6+ weeks, so don't believe everything so-called "medical" sites tell you about 2 weeks being something to worry about! Lymph nodes can flare up due to BENIGN causes as well as more sinister stuff, just probably doesn't get reported as much Chances are it will stay a little active while lumps are growing/changing right now..

Apparently there's a fibroadenoma party going on in my right breast! I have 4-5 lumps and thought I only had 2, so that was the reason for the lymph node swelling apparently.. I was able to see all of the imaging taken and didn't see anything that was cause for concern.. I've only had the pain for the past few weeks so probably new lumps growing.. Some women are just prone to them and it's all tied in with hormones..

My point is, I drove myself mad Googling for the best part of 2 months, got myself in an absolute state and really didn't need to! I haven't quite got the all-clear just yet, going for biopsies next week, but pretty sure it will all be ok because the guy doing the scan has been doing his job day in day out for years and knows what things would look like on ultrasound Seriously, don't Google! Everybody is different with different medical history... just because something is written on a "health" website, does not make it true for everyone!

Re: Lymph node situation update...

Quote Originally Posted by thestruggle View Post
    Apparently there's a fibroadenoma party going on in my right breast! I have 4-5 lumps and thought I only had 2, so that was the reason for the lymph node swelling apparently.. I was able to see all of the imaging taken and didn't see anything that was cause for concern.. I've only had the pain for the past few weeks so probably new lumps growing.. Some women are just prone to them and it's all tied in with hormones..
    My left breast has been hurting on and off for about a month now. I have fibrocystic breasts, and it really can mess with your anxiety. Just had my 6-month "breast checkup" (I'm high risk so I have a whole screening schedule) and the nurse said everything felt normal, so probably just hormones doing their thing. My breasts are so lumpy that monthly self-checks are just kind of . I just kind of try to find evidence of a hard or fixed lump, and figure all the softer lumps are cysts or fibrous breast tissue.

Sounds like you are on the right track with this. If your node is shrinking at all, that's a good sign that it's just doing normal lymph node stuff. My own lymph nodes are annoyingly reactive--any little thing sets them off, so I've had to force myself not to go prodding at them.

Quote Originally Posted by budgie1979 View Post
    My left breast has been hurting on and off for about a month now. I have fibrocystic breasts, and it really can mess with your anxiety. Just had my 6-month "breast checkup" (I'm high risk so I have a whole screening schedule) and the nurse said everything felt normal, so probably just hormones doing their thing. My breasts are so lumpy that monthly self-checks are just kind of . I just kind of try to find evidence of a hard or fixed lump, and figure all the softer lumps are cysts or fibrous breast tissue.

Sounds like you are on the right track with this. If your node is shrinking at all, that's a good sign that it's just doing normal lymph node stuff. My own lymph nodes are annoyingly reactive--any little thing sets them off, so I've had to force myself not to go prodding at them.
    I'm still getting the pains too...shooting pains and aches, so just trying to get on with things and assume it's normal hormonal stuff I think I've just started getting that fibrocystic thing too because the last few months I've been able to feel loads of tiny little cysts when I'm due on and then they disappear again when my period is finished! Weird.. It's so hard to know what to feel for

Do you mean the lymph nodes in your armpits? Mine is still up and down on a daily basis! Leaving it alone now..

Hey guys.. seems like you went through the same thing... for the past month I've been having lymph nodes swell up in my armpit, shrink, then alternate to other armpit, shrink, move to the one next to it, shrink, then change armpits again... you think this is something for concern? they are also really painful. I have fibrocystic breasts too so its hard to tell, I did have an ultrasound last year though and they saw nothing..

I notice its worse before my period, but this time it lasted through my period and into week after...

thoughts?

Thread Information