Thread: Heart arrhythmia in my head?

Heart arrhythmia in my head?

About nine months ago after an intensive cardiac workout, I found that two hours later my heart was racing, perhaps fluttering. After an ER visit, I was told it was a panic attack. I was a heavy coffee drinker, and perhaps suffered from separation anxiety. For a few days after that, the random pounding racing heart rate would come and go. After about a week it was gone, but I kept having skips. Sometimes they would occur when I bent over, laid down, or ran up the stairs. I successfully completed my last lacrosse season with very few problems, some skips during practices, a few during games with light headedness that I think was from the Zoloft I had just started. Towards the end of the Sumer I thought I was almost better. I left for college, and the skips came back. At the rec, I was playing basketball and it felt like my heart stopped. I got dizzy, felt my chest for my pulse (which I know you are supposed to check your wrist but I am incredibly skinny and lanky so I can feel it through my chest), felt nothing, and then felt it take off. I felt a few sharp pains once or twice after. I stopped and went to the er, where they found nothing wrong. I feel like whenever I try exerting myself I am out of breath, and I constantly have this fear that my heart is just going to stop. I need help, as the last nine months have been hell.

Re: Heart arrhythmia in my head?

It sounds like you could be having PVCs (Premature ventricular contractions). They've plagued me for about 10 years now. They can be scary, but they are harmless.

Thread Information