Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Anxiety and Beta Blockers-PLEASE HELP

Are beta blockers safe? Heart anxiety

Hi all I'm taking propanopol for anxiety low dose 20 mg a day. I've been getting a tension headache since starting this medication it's only been a few days. I'm hoping it's not related to the medication. I live in Chicago and there has been a huge change in weather it went from the 60s to 90s back down to the 80s so I'm wondering if my headache is weather related? I'm just so scared of taking beta-blockers and I'm hoping it's not going to lower my blood pressure as I already have normal blood pressure. The doctor said a low-dose shouldn't do that at all.

Re: Are beta blockers safe? Heart anxiety

Hi, you already posted about this a few days back: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=beta+blockers and several people answered positively so not sure what further reassurance we can give you here.

Re: Health Anxiety and Beta Blockers-PLEASE HELP

I've been getting lots of tension headaches since starting this med
    Is this normal? Did any of you get his? I feel like my neck and face are tender.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

It's been almost a week since taking the propanopol and I am STILL getting headaches everyday. I talked to the doctor and she said it is a side effect that may go away. She wants me to try sticking it out until Monday. She said if it responds to over the counter headache medicine then she wants me to keep at it until Monday. If it's not responding, then she wants me to just stop. I'm feeling so exhausted from taking these meds--- like I can sleep all day. The only good thing is that I have not had heart palps at ALL since taking them, however I cannot continue with the headache. I have a family to take care of and I work full time.

My headaches go away with advil, but then come right back after they've worn off. I also have no desire to work out, which I normally love to do. I'm afraid I won't be able to run like I used to. I feel depressed. Is this normal? No one answers on the meds board, so that's why i'm positing here.

Well weakness or tiredness is one side effect of propanopal. So logically, your bound to get depressed if it prevents you from doing the things you love to do physically. The drug itself doesn't necessarily mean it's the cause of the depression.

I've been taking a beta blocker for over ten years. The only negative about it is that it puts a cap on how hard my heart will work but that's what it's supposed to do and why it's works for anxiety. So, exerting myself typically leads to not being able to exert myself as I did prior to my heart issues. The side effects are nil otherwise.

IMO, this is your anxiety over the med itself and not a side effect of it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, I talked to my doctor who said to come off the beta blocker since it's causing me headaches. It's only been a week, but these headaches are horrific and giving me more anxiety. There has to be another med that will calm down my brain. Currently I take lexepro (which isn't doing much), along with 2MG of Klonopin daily. There has so be something that will help calm down my anxious thoughts. I still have a headache today after stopping the beta blocker. Hopefully it will be out of my system quickly and I can get back to running. I stopped running for a week since I felt so headachy and weak.

Yeah unfortunately one type of pill just doesn't work for everybody. So what about Benzodiazepines? Have you tried any of those yet? As a matter of fact, I could of swore you said you were taking lorazepam at one time or another.

Yup! I take clonazepam twice a day and was put on Lexepro (switched over from Celexa). I also have weekly counseling. I stopped the Beta blocker (second dose last night) and I still have a low grade tension headache. I'm hoping it will be out of my system soon! Not sure how long it takes to get it out of your system? I've been taking the beta blocker for only 6 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information