Thread: Help!

Help!

I've stopped taking venlafaxine totally for 6 days now and have been suffering aching/lack of eye co-ordination/on-edge feeling/depersonalisation. I am finding it very difficult to bear this and continue operating - does this go on for long? I did reduce the dosage from 150m to 75 m to 37.5 to a quarter of a 37.5 m tab before stopping it entirely - but this is awful. Any advice very much appreciasted as I feel like I cannot go on anymore.
    JB.

Re: Help!

I felt terrible when coming off my citalopram.I would phone the surgery and ask for advise.

Did you reduce your dose with the doctor's advice? Despite the fact that you tried to do it gradually, perhaps you needed to take it even more slowly. As Ellen says, I think you should make a doctor's appointment asap.

I agree, sounds like you might have gone a bit quickly. It does take a while for these things to get out of your system and your body to start adjusting.

I would go to the GP and consider going back onto a slightly higher dose for a while.

Remember that these side effects will pass tho, like when starting, it takes a while for you to adjust to the change of dose.

Jim

i agree maybe you cut down too much too fast call ya doctor and find out what they say let us know how ya making out......best to ya.......linda xx

Thread Information