Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Really upset

Re: Really upset

No and that is why I'm going to get a second opinion today I think. I had a Chinese hamster who needed regular teeth trimming towards the end of his life and he always had a whiff of gas for inspection purposes. I'm not confident in the vet's assessment particularly as he had to look up how gerbils' teeth should be aligned on the internet.....

I just wish there was the same level of expertise re small animals as there is with cats and dogs with vets. It's the same with guinea pigs as you really have to do your own research and tell the vet what you want. I'm sure you will have found this too, Mojo but I know you have great contacts in the cavy world!

She is having a GA at a different vets. Awaiting the dreaded phone call..They are looking at her back teeth and will give her a full examination if necessary.

Really sorry to hear about poor Primrose, pulisa. I can imagine how that must been upsetting with a small furry, with my dog being a small breed it's often been in my mind about areas of the home when he's having a mad dash moment.

But whilst you struggle you also put every effort in to tackle the situation. You never let your anxiety prevent seeking the best care for your animals. The episode with Mandril's stones showed how you rose to that with all the extra care he needed and you were worried about being able to handle that too. And now you are pushing for the best for Primrose despite your anxiety wanting you to hide from more pressure.

The mind will be throwing up all the worst right now, just as it does whenever a loved one is hurting for some reason.

I wish her a swift recovery but I have no doubt she is in the best hands, by which I mean you. Lots of love goes a long way with animals.

I hope your daughter is ok too.

Thank you so much, Terry. I'm glad to say that she is now home Nothing bad was found re her teeth but the vet bore them down a little under anaesthetic and guess what....she has started eating again!!Whether there was something bothering her in her mouth which wasn't obvious idk but she looks much happier now (despite her broken leg!!) Apparently physical problems with their teeth isn't always apparent on examination.
    Just managed to be seen before the out of hours expensive curfew too

I will keep you updated but thank you all once again for your much appreciated support. My daughter gets very anxious about the pets but wants me to sort it all out-vet trips are too much for her and just make it all worse.

Be rest assured pulisa she is in good hands I know it's not easy waiting for any news, but no news is good news as for the other vet there is nothing wrong with checking on the internet regarding the correct length of her teeth If my dog needed a operation or what ever I would expect my vet to do some research etc rather than just guess If they were unsure! She will be fine try and not worry though Take care Cheers

That's really good news re Primrose.

So glad that you got an expert opinion and it sounds as though you were right in the first place.

You know your animals and know when something isnt right.

This is great news Glad she is home again and eating, it was probably the teeth that was bothering her in the first place Thanks for the update Cheers

So far so good..She is eating everything I put in the cage now
    BigBoy the vet I originally saw is really not very good with small animals (I've had some very dodgy consuts with him re my guinea pigs) but I'm sure he's fine with cats and dogs. Basically he hadn't a clue how to handle Primrose hence why she broke her leg. I don't think many "regular" vets have much expertise re "pocket pets" which is a shame because they deserve a better service in view of the vet fees. (I wasn't charged for the initial consult plus painkillers for the broken leg though which was good of them).

Hoping for the best now and thank you all again.

Hope all is well with your pet now pulisa

Ha ha certainly got her a appetite (that's spelt incorrectly this spell checker is rubbish lol) back which is a healthy sgn I bet you are relieved yes the first vet leaves a lot to be desired regarding pocket pets as you call them think he would struggle with a Chihuahua? After all it is a pocket size animal Total incompentence re the broken legs. Yes she sounds really happy now back at home Cheers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information