Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Really upset

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Really upset

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So far so good..She is eating everything I put in the cage now

Hoping for the best now and thank you all again.
    Really pleased, Pulisa. She couldn't ask for a more caring owner. Hope she fully recovers and you can put this stressful episode behind you

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you, KK. I know gerbils aren't everyone's cup of tea but she's part of the family and I don't like it when she's obviously not right. Hopefully she'll recover steadily now.

That's great news!

It sounds like your original instincts were right all along as despite the broken leg she is happy & eating. And heading for a vet with more experience with small furries.

Mum always knows best.

I'll bet the first vet didn't try to charge you! He would have needed a good proctologist to remove something if he tried!

Do you plan on going to this other vet instead for them all?

I think gerbils and other small pets are lovely. Every time I'm in a Pets At Home I always head for them. They are all very cute.

Yes I think I'll go to the different surgery in future. Apparently the first vet is now "on holiday". I think he was genuinely upset to give him his due but I won't be seeking his advice in the future. He was the only vet consulting in the practice when I first took Primrose. I'm sure he's great with cats and dogs because he's been there for ages. I doubt whether he'd want to see me again either

Prim is still doing well and went back for a check up today. She has been allowed back in her big tank from the smaller container (to restrict movement) but has to continue with painkillers for another week. The leg will take longer to heal due to her age.

I had to show the vet how to pick up a gerbil (wasn't charged for the appointment). Shame that there is so little knowledge.

Last day of painkillers today thank God! It has been really tricky syringing the stuff in.

I'm really pleased that Prim has recovered so well. She's eating normally and chewing up her cardboard loo rolls again. She can weight bear a bit on the broken leg but has full mobility regardless and is tearing around her multi level tank again!

Thanks for the kind words and support. It has given me a sense of achievement that she has recovered so well. At least I can get something right which isn't always the feeling as a carer when things are tough and challenging most of the time.

Great news about Prim. Well done.

I had a scare with one of my dogs yesterday and can totally empathise with you.

I'm really sorry, Elen. Is your dog ok now and was it a false alarm?

Thanks for asking. He is still really poorly and I am a bit worried that there is something else going on. Will know more by the end of the week.

I don't have HA for myself but always fear the worst for my pets lol

I can't bear seeing any animal in pain or distress.

It's horrible when you suspect something may be wrong but you just don't know. You just want answers and often you just have to wait..

Thinking of you, Elen. I hope you know more soon and that you get some more reassuring news by the end of the week. Please let me know how he gets on?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information