Thread: Panicking like crazy over bowel movement

Panicking like crazy over bowel movement

Hi guys sorry for tmi but really need help this morning am having a really bad panic attack.

I went to the toilet had a bowel movement and the water around the Stoll and at the bottom of the toilet was really dark. I'm really scared I have stomach cancer. I've had blood test and a test for H Pylori both which came back clear but then what was this in the toilet? Why was the water so dark, I'm really scared it was blood.
    Please help....

Re: Panicking like crazy over bowel movement

This may not be a thing to write on a forum for people with health anxiety, but if this keep coming back you should go to see your doctor. If it is any reassurance, it is not very uncommon; and it can be many reason for dark faeces and in the vast majority of cases it is not cancer. It could also be something you ate or drank last night. For excample if you eat steak and drink red wine the stools tend to get a dark color the day after. Try not to worry and if it does not stop, go and see a doctror. Best of luck.

BTW, what do you mean by dark? Dark as in black or dark brown?

Could there have already been something in the bottom of the pan. Sometimes my 6 year old forgets to flush and by the time I've noticed, it's exactly how you've just described x

It was very dark brown to greenish but just the water around the stool, not the stool itself. I'm pretty sure there was nothing in the toilet bowel beforehand x

Keep an eye on it maybe but it doesn't sound like blood. If you were bleeding internally then your bloods would be off. Don't stress it x

Did you recently eat a lot of green veggies? I had one of those smoothies packed full of greens yesterday, and my stool this morning was definitely on the dark brown-green side. Once I ate a large helping of beets and I almost freaked out when I ended up with red stool the next day. Also. certain medications and supplements can tint your stool strange colors. I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes an ongoing issue.

Thread Information