Thread: Questions for those with Zoloft/Sertraline experience.

Questions for those with Zoloft/Sertraline experience.

Hello!

So I've posted about starting Zoloft. I recently upped to 100mg. That was 6 days ago. Since then I have regained my ability to eat, I'm not as sick and shaky and I'm able to get some sleep. I'm also a little less on edge.

However, I still feel really spacey, floated and almost lightheaded. Now, this is an issue I had before taking this. It is honestly the main reason I started taking it. So that leads to my questions.

Did anyone else feel spacey, almost lightheaded in the first few weeks?

If so, how long did it take to go away?

I just feel so miserable, I'm only a week in.. but just looking for an idea on healing time.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Questions for those with Zoloft/Sertraline experience.

I was on Sertraline a few years ago and can report that increasing the dose had this effect on me too and lasted about a month. Sorry if that seems like a long time but I honestly think it was worth it. 100mg was my optimal dose. I upped to 150mg in the end but didn't find it made a difference compared to 100mg.

Things will ease and get better in time. The hard part is being patient and waiting for that to happen.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I have 2 close family members who take sertraline and both had odd symptoms for the first 10 days or so.

I take 10mg of Citalopram and definitely had some DR/DP and floaty feelings for the first week. In fact all of my anxiety symptoms were exacerbated (some still are as it's only been 15 days or so, but the floatiness has gone).

I would suggest sticking with it a bit longer and you should feel the side effects calm down soon

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I was on Sertraline a few years ago and can report that increasing the dose had this effect on me too and lasted about a month. Sorry if that seems like a long time but I honestly think it was worth it. 100mg was my optimal dose. I upped to 150mg in the end but didn't find it made a difference compared to 100mg.

Things will ease and get better in time. The hard part is being patient and waiting for that to happen.
    Thank you, it's nice to have someone who has been through it give me a better idea on time. Makes me feel better about my progress thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by AngeAgain View Post
    I have 2 close family members who take sertraline and both had odd symptoms for the first 10 days or so.

I take 10mg of Citalopram and definitely had some DR/DP and floaty feelings for the first week. In fact all of my anxiety symptoms were exacerbated (some still are as it's only been 15 days or so, but the floatiness has gone).

I would suggest sticking with it a bit longer and you should feel the side effects calm down soon
    Thanks for the encouragement! The lightheaded and DP/DR is something I struggled with beforehand so your point that all your anxiety symptoms her exacerbated makes sense for mine as well.

Stick with it for a bit mr ginger. Was incredibly helpful for me in the end but also had a difficult start (maybe 2-3 weeks)

Thread Information