Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HIV from oral sex

HIV from oral sex

I'm so ashamed of myself right now. I had oral sex with another guy (bi-curious). And while he did say no he did not have HIV, I'm just terrified he might on the off chance did and I don't know why. I didn't go down on him very long, and he did not finish in my mouth (sorry for graphic descriptions).

There was no anal sex of any kind whatsoever. But, I will be going to the health services here in my city to see if maybe I could start PEP or not. So, what would be the risk of contracting HIV if he did have it? I asked him again and he said he was HIV -

Re: HIV from oral sex

Your CDC explain it here:

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/transmission.html

That's a professional view worth more.

I mean, I understand the risk is low to negligible...but it still freaks me out. I've heard plenty of stories (from looking online myself), and some of these people who were performing the oral sex did way more. Like the person finished in their mouth, and they were HIV+, and they still didn't catch it.

That's one of the only things that makes me feel a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou93 View Post
    I mean, I understand the risk is low to negligible...but it still freaks me out. I've heard plenty of stories (from looking online myself), and some of these people who were performing the oral sex did way more. Like the person finished in their mouth, and they were HIV+, and they still didn't catch it.

That's one of the only things that makes me feel a little better.
    Hi I would say in your case it's '0' % you would have to have ulcers in your mouth or bleeding gums to make it risky. So like you say by reading other people's stories should now reassure you, that's one of the things that makes you feel a little better hang on to that thought ok Cheers

Thank you for responding,

I guess I cannot get the PEP medicine, it's too expensive for me to afford. So now, I'm basically a sitting duck right? I mean, it's just I let my judgement get the better of me. I'm going to definitely receive an HIV test in 2 weeks because for some reason those are free of charge.

I am just petrified of the notion of having HIV. It scares me to my core.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

From the limited exposure you describe, there really is zero chance of HIV. You would need to have far riskier penetrative sex with a known HIV+ individual - and even then it is not always the case.

Have HIV test if you feel it's necessary but in the meantime make the decision to get on with life.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I do have a question, I woke up this morning with a little bit of those crusty things you find in your eyes.

Could that be a symptom of HIV infection? Like eye discharge? Or is that not something associated with HIV? Because of course, I'm thinking that it is. I wish I could just put it in the back of my mind for the 2 weeks, but I know that's not going to happen.

I do have a question, I woke up this morning with a little bit of those crusty things you find in your eyes.

Could that be a symptom of HIV infection? Like eye discharge? Or is that not something associated with HIV? Because of course, I'm thinking that it is. I wish I could just put it in the back of my mind for the 2 weeks, but I know that's not going to happen.
    Ahh you want some reassurance again 1 million % No Same figure do I think the world is going to end today not a chance. It's called sleep in your eyes that's all it is Please stop worrying you are only making your self worse. And very negative at the end of your post you wish you could put it at the back of your mind, but I know it's not going to happen. Try and reverse it in to a positive thought Cheers

I just feel gross and ashamed of myself. I guess I was so ready to do something like this I put it out the window.

The kid didn't seem to be completely there - he could hold a conversation, but he was kinda off. The only thing I have to say is that I wonder how he would get HIV...I don't think many people would sleep with him to be honest, no offense.

That's literally one of the few things I'm holding onto. Has anyone else had an experience like this? No need to talk if you don't want to, I am just curious.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I just feel gross and ashamed of myself. I guess I was so ready to do something like this I put it out the window.

The kid didn't seem to be completely there - he could hold a conversation, but he was kinda off. The only thing I have to say is that I wonder how he would get HIV...I don't think many people would sleep with him to be honest, no offense.

That's literally one of the few things I'm holding onto. Has anyone else had an experience like this? No need to talk if you don't want to, I am just curious.
    I think deep down you know there is minimal chance of HIV and it's more about your feelings of shame. Maybe there is confusion in your mind re your sexuality? Certainly sounds like more than just your fear of contracting HIV.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information