Thread: Nosebleeds

Nosebleeds

Hi all

So I'm not in a mad panic but does anyone have experience of repeated nosebleeds? My son has a cold he's 14 and not sneezing too much it's more of an upper respiratory cold and cough. Last week he had 3 nosebleeds and today he had one at school. It's always the same nostril bleeding and today he got a football in the face , Friday he was picking his nose and the other two started by themselves. My bestie reminded me that I always got nosebleeds as a kid and my daughter who's 19 also reminded me that she used to always get them in primary school and then my husband jumped in and said how he can't blow his nose in the morning or else he starts bleeding Between the 3 of them it's like a blood bath

They stop really quickly and I'm thinking that due to his cold his blood vessels are dilated and sensitive thus causing the bleed whenever he has trauma.

Anyone else the same?

Re: Nosebleeds

I had nosebleeds very regularly when I was quite young and into my teenage years (still do sometimes, if my nose is aggravated particularly badly), and I actually had a simple procedure done at the doctor's a couple of times to improve it. I actually don't remember exactly what they did, but I don't recall any pain - it was rather an uncomfortable, quick procedure just inside the nose to help prevent regular nosebleeds.

Even if you wanna prevent the frequency, you could get some advice from the doctor! .w.

Hi.

My daughter had horrendous nosebleeds at around the same age. They started for nothing, but with applied pressure soon stopped. I used to call them gushers because there seemed to be so much blood, it was like a running tap. In the end she had to have a little blood vessel cauterised and that put an end to it.

Thanks Chick and Weeaboo

Had a nightmare this morning and feel like I'm on the ceiling. Since my last post about my sons nosebleeds, he had 1 last week and 1 this morning. He woke up and blew his nose and it poured for 25 mins. I panicked and took him straight to A&E where I nearly fainted cause my HA was top notch and the adrenaline rush was immense. He was seen by a lovely Dr who had a look and said he had a broken vessel in his left nostril and a scarred bit in his right. She cauterised the left and said she wanted him to go to ENT clinic on Friday. I'm terrified!

Anxiety thru the roof!

Had a horrible few weeks which resulted in my son going to A&E this morning for nosebleeds - see my other post.
    My brother in law is on a haematology ward with 0 platelets which means his blood can't clot. This started for absolutely no reason he just came out in a couple of blood blisters, head a blood test which resulted him being rushed to hospital. Then his wife is having fibroids removed for irregular bleeding today, which is another concern of mine, and then my son had an awful nosebleed again which I've been worrying about and it wouldn't stop so I had to take him to hospital where a Dr cauterised it and we have to be seen in clinic on Friday. I'm exhausted but my HA adrenaline rush isn't letting me relax.

My head is literally up my arse and I can't concentrate on anything. I'm constantly checking my son to see if he's touching his nose or if it's bleeding and every time he sneezes I'm on the ceiling! Why can't I be like 99% of the population who would just think nose bleed is a nose bleed? Not me I'm thinking terrible things.

No one??

Re: Anxiety thru the roof!

So I've woke up this morning with anxiety in case my son has another nose bleed. I'm not sure how to bring myself down. I feel awful. Does anyone know how to turn this adrenaline rush into a positive thing?

Thread Information