Thread: Spasms in my back

Spasms in my back

It's such a strange horrible feeling, I was hoping it would go away. I was wondering if it could be digestion related, IE intestines/colon spasms after going to the loo, as I have IBS. Anyone any ideas, I'm worrying about it and it's spoiling my days?

Re: Spasms in my back

Do you mean the lower back? I get those as part of anxiety although rarely now. It used to be as I got into a meeting and I would be trying to stop myself jerking around for the first few minutes whilst I settled in.

The worst ones were in my neck. Argh. They were much more intense causing my jaw/face to grimace and head to scrunch and lasted for hours at worst and then soreness for weeks. Thankfully I've only had that twice.

It's both upper and lower, sometimes feels it's also in my chest. I sometimes think it could be my heart, hence the pulsing.

Have not had it in my neck though do get aches. Could yours be nerve related?

Sorry CeeCeeCee, only just come back to this.

Yes, mine was definately a nerve spasm in my neck. I had a read around about them and it matched what I found.

Since you have IBS & anxiety, my money would be on one or both of them. If it happens when going to the toilet, perhaps more IBS related? But what I found with my neck spams is that they came on when I was tensing my head downwards due to exersion so perhaps the same can be said of toilet trips for you?

Thread Information