Thread: Lump in groin

Lump in groin

Hi all just wondering if somebody can help me.I am a female aged 24 with 3 children.I noticed a few weeks ago a lump in the left side of my groin.Its not painful however,to feel the lump I have to be stood up and sort of bent backwards.i have lost a lot of weight (I have exercising and dieting) I am wondering have I always had this lump and not felt it because I was so overweight or does this sound like a swollen lymph node?

I was really worried about cervical cancer back in 2015 and I was offered an early smear test (age 22) to put my mind at rest.This smear test came back normal.

Having health anxiety I am of course starting to put things together and come up the worst:(
    I've not been in this place for a while

Re: Lump in groin

I don’t think swollen lymph nodes are a common symptom of cervical cancer or not one of the first things you’d be noticing. I’ve had the cervical cancer scare so I know how horrible it is. An all clear 2 years ago, your age and with no common symptoms I’d say you can rest easy.

Re: Lump in groin

I'm going to put your post in a way that someone without anxiety sees it...

You're 24. You've been taking care of yourself and lost a lot of weight. You found a lump that can only be felt when you contort your body into a position that no one does in their normal daily life. No pain, no other symptoms to speak of...

What's that tell you?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information