Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me before I go mad 🤦🏼*♀️

Can someone help me before I go mad 🤦🏼*♀️

Okay. So for a while I've been digging looking for problems lol, and in my collar bone it's like the best I can describe it -
    At the end of the stringy bit it feels like a bump, so imagine O---- it doesn't stick out singley as a lump and is attached to the rest of the artery I'm guessing? Muscle? I don't know but I've bruised it I know that! It's so sore! I'm worried to leave it incase it is infancy a lump but having swollen glands before it doesn't feel anything like one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Can someone help me before I go mad 🤦🏼*♀️

I'm not sure how to help you with this, you've got to stop digging.

Busy your hands with something else, learn how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, work a puzzle, paint your nails.

Yeah, you said yourself that you were just digging for trouble. I agree with Nancy.

I know, I was checking to be on the safe side while lying down. I really am getting fed up with health anxiety, makes me so embarrassed I worry about stuff like this.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    I'm not sure how to help you with this, you've got to stop digging.

Busy your hands with something else, learn how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, work a puzzle, paint your nails.

I'm not sure anyone could help me lol, thank you that's a good idea, I'm just so lonely in real life I think it affects me massively in this way.. :(

Didn’t you just start a thread yesterday declaring that your HA has decreased significantly? Or were you just preparing the way so you could post another thread like this one? That is, wanting to discuss your symptoms. Go and get some help from a mental health professional.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsickxo View Post

I'm just so lonely in real life I think it affects me massively in this way.. :(

I am a huge believer in community service, get out and volunteer your time. There are many organizations that would welcome you with open arms.

You'll meet people and you won't have so much time to be digging at your body looking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Didnt you just start a thread yesterday declaring that your HA has decreased significantly? Or were you just preparing the way so you could post another thread like this one? That is, wanting to discuss your symptoms. Go and get some help from a mental health professional.

Yes it is decreasing, a massive amount. I am allowed to have blips and worry, like any other human being, I have tried to get help, I'm a 20 year old pregnant women and the services on the NHS are 8/9 months waiting list unless considered urgent, having a baby on the way I can't consider private right now. Yes I love posting threads and constantly seeking reassurance, I can't think of anything better! NOT! I wouldn't be like this if I had a choice and for now I don't, you have been through health anxiety yourself haven't you? Now you've got over it I'm glad you can give someone the upper hand.

---------- Post added at 04:50 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    I am a huge believer in community service, get out and volunteer your time. There are many organizations that would welcome you with open arms.

You'll meet people and you won't have so much time to be digging at your body looking for trouble.

That could be a good idea, it would make my cv look good aswell for when I go back to work I will have a look around, I'd love to help animals

Upper hand? lol

Let’s see. You claim to have experienced a significant improvement in your HA one day and the next you are starting a thread about feeling like you are going mad and wanting to discuss your symptoms again. Maybe I’m missing something.

There's a thread that describes this behavior perfectly. I'll paste it here as it really does say it all....

Quote Originally Posted by CleverLittleViper View Post
    If there's one thing I've started to notice that is common amongst anxiety-sufferers, it is that few people accept responsibility for their anxiety. They can know certain habits are bad but they keep doing it because "they can't help it."

For example, perhaps the most prevalent habit amongst those that suffer with HA, is the habit to constantly consult Dr Google. So, they type in whatever symptom it is they're facing at that moment, and read all kinds of stuff, and then fly off into a panic. All under the guise that they cannot help themselves.

How true is it that you can't stop doing the habits that are keeping you trapped in this cycle? Is that you can't stop or is it really that you won't stop?

Continuing with the Google thing because it is one of those habits that is perhaps the most common and possibly the most damaging to those with HA, you know it is bad and hurting you, yet you do it anyway. It's not a matter of not being able to help yourself. Every time you open up a new tab, click "Google," type in the words and click search, you're making a choice. It's time to take responsibility for that choice.

It is only when we take responsibility for our anxiety and the choices we make can we progress to making better choices, and actually get on the road to recovery. If you sit on your hands and say, "Well, I couldn't help doing x, y and z," then you will get what you deserve. Which is to remain where you are, until you can admit that you're doing it to yourself.

If you genuinely want to get better, and get unstuck from the glue that is anxiety, your choices have to reflect that goal. You have to actively pursue recovery, and that means leaving behind the old habits that have kept you stuck. So, no more Google, no more making endless doctor appointments (unless to discuss and deal with your anxiety) no more reassurance-seeking.

It's hard, no doubt about it. It takes work, endurance, willpower, and the understanding that there will be times where you slip back into old habits, and then gaining the motivation to pull yourself back out. You can only do this by taking responsibility for yourself.
    This spiral is totally self inflicted. The only one that can stop you is you. We can type till we're blue in the fingers but ultimately, healing lies with you.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Upper hand? lol

Lets see. You claim to have experienced a significant improvement in your HA one day and the next you are starting a thread about feeling like you are going mad and wanting to discuss your symptoms again. Maybe Im missing something.

Figure of speech if I was going to truly mad I wouldn't come on forum just before and tell people about it. I know it's silly, and I do get embarrassed, I used to have panic attacks about this stuff, now I don't. I saw that as a improvement and maybe I was wrong too but I honestly did think I was improving, I don't google anything anymore, but from nearly a year of googling it's hard to forget all that stuff, but till I get the help I need I won't be able to help my HA, apart from maybe not digging around for stuff.
    I find that difficult for some reason though, I feel like it ties in to a OCD, I have to feel something at least 10 times to feel better - so this is the best thing for now. If I could go private I really would, I want to improve before I have my baby.

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There's a thread that describes this behavior perfectly. I'll paste it here as it really does say it all....

This spiral is totally self inflicted. The only one that can stop you is you. We can type till we're blue in the fingers but ultimately, healing lies with you.

I like that thread, should be at the top. I totally agree it's self inflicted. I am literally in the house most of the time alone, I don't have a partner and I have my dog for company lol maybe the house is driving me crazy. I never used to be so bad while working.

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

Didnt you just start a thread yesterday declaring that your HA has decreased significantly? Or were you just preparing the way so you could post another thread like this one? That is, wanting to discuss your symptoms. Go and get some help from a mental health professional.

I also never started a thread about it decreasing significantly, I started a thread saying it's coming to a end, as In starting to feel a little more human again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information