Thread: Does anyone have any non-sinister experiences with collarbone lymph nodes?

Does anyone have any non-sinister experiences with collarbone lymph nodes?

Hey guys, if you're like me and have LN worries, you will no doubt dread the thought of ever finding one near your collarbone. I found one there on myself recently, well I am assuming its a node.

About 3 weeks ago while decorating I had a sore throat and felt tired and felt like I had a cold coming but nothing came of it and a tiny little LN popped up in the side of my neck and its about half the size of a grain of rice and was sore when it came up. Then about a week after that happened, I ended up getting a full blown cold and it was hellish. I then noticed a few days after the worst had passed that I could feel a lump or something along my collarbone, as well as the tiny one in my neck.

I obviously freaked but tried to remind myself that I had been ill recently and I'm a biology student, I know how nodes work but of course when you have anxiety, no amount of rational thinking can help when you are in that phrase.

The lump on my collarbone is about half way across my left collarbone and is either directly on it or just right behind it. It feels very soft and mobile and its hard to tell the shape as it feels more flat and bulgy, if you know what I mean? It doesn't feel directly like a pea like any other nodes I've had but its a lot softer than any other nodes I've felt. It is hard to find. I have to hunch a little and use one finger to find it but once I do find it, its noticable.

I went to see a nurse practioner and she felt my neck and couldn't feel that node or the tiny one still in my neck and then I went to a GP a few days later for my psoriasis check up and asked her to feel while I was there but she never went near my collarbone, just my neck and she felt the neck node said that it was fine but if its still there in a month, come back for a blood test but its way too small to refer me for or anything like that.

Do any of you guys have any experiences with collarbone nodes? I am due to start a new therapy in 2 days time (Compassion Focused Therapy) and hoping that will help control my health related obsessions and compulsions as no therapy in the past as helped so far :(

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Does anyone have any non-sinister experiences with collarbone lymph nodes?

I had an appt with the nurse practioner today and I bloody slept in for it and missed it. Another day of worrying. Managed to get one for 9am tomorrow just a few hours before therapy so tomorrow is going to be a packed day! Just hope I manage to sleep tonight

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Does anyone have any non-sinister experiences with collarbone lymph nodes?

I'm no expert on nodes, but from what I've read on various sites the ones on the left deal with about 75% of the body, so literally anything could have caused it to swell up.. Like you say you have been ill so it's probably just to do with that. Could it be a reactive node maybe or just swollen trying to fight off whatever nasty cold you've had? I know that isn't the best place to get one coming up, but it doesn't mean anything sinister is going on I think you'll find you'll be ok when you go for your appointment. Can you push for an ultrasound or anything like that to put your mind at rest?

Hope you sleep tonight too and aren't too worried about it all I've had my own lymph node drama recently so understand the worry and constant stress over it. I know you say your day will be packed tomorrow, but at least you can get some of it off your chest tomorrow in therapy so should feel a load better by the time you get home..

Thread Information