Thread: Very tired but normal bloods?

Very tired but normal bloods?

I had a regular physical with blood tests in the beginning of September. Everything came back fine. Since then, I've been tired ALL the time. Never in my life have I felt like sleeping to pass the time until lately. I hold out and stay awake, keeping my normal sleep schedule.

Just recently, I've had the scary thought that it'd be better if I was just asleep forever. Somehow, that actually sounded nice, to not have to do anything anymore. I have a history of overthinking things, so I figured maybe I've become suicidal. I don't think that could truly be the case, because the thought of ACTUALLY being suicidal terrifies me! I feel like it's going to cause me a panic attack!

Could this all just be stress related? Those awful thoughts have my heart beating a million miles per second, and to be fair, I had an extremely stressful month in September. Underwent my first mohs surgery for skin cancer at 24, more biopsies, health anxiety at it's fullest.

Anyways, I hate asking for reassurance, but can anyone else relate or share some insight? Anything would be helpful. Thank you so much.

Re: Very tired but normal bloods?

I have also recently found peace in sleeping. I'm not really sure what it means for either of us. I am positive I do not feel suicidal.

For me, the two have no connection.
    Last edited by NancyW; 10-10-17 at 04:21.

It could be so many things. One likely thing is that you're finally in a place where you can rest, after a period of high stress. Then, all the tiredness that was being pent up, comes crashing down.

Surgery for skin cancer? That sounds like it could make you pretty sleepy for a while. Sleep helps you recover.

If you're worried and it continues, it's always best to check it out with a doctor.

Well done for getting through the last couple of months

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Oh PS I've experienced being suicidal, intimately. It did scare me to be suicidal. Being suicidal and being scared of being suicidal are two different things. They can exist at the same time, or just one, or just the other, or neither.

Feeling suicidal is different from just wanting to be asleep for a long time. That is certainly a thought I had sometimes - just to check out of life - but it's more than just that. It's total incredible agony, violent and loud and horrible. It's like listening to terrifically loud head-splitting screeching, when everyone else seems to be hearing music, and you just want to turn it off. It's a desire to escape the vast hellish pain. It doesn't sound like you're experiencing that kind of desperate agony.

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    It could be so many things. One likely thing is that you're finally in a place where you can rest, after a period of high stress. Then, all the tiredness that was being pent up, comes crashing down.

Surgery for skin cancer? That sounds like it could make you pretty sleepy for a while. Sleep helps you recover.

If you're worried and it continues, it's always best to check it out with a doctor.

Well done for getting through the last couple of months

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Oh PS I've experienced being suicidal, intimately. It did scare me to be suicidal. Being suicidal and being scared of being suicidal are two different things. They can exist at the same time, or just one, or just the other, or neither.

Feeling suicidal is different from just wanting to be asleep for a long time. That is certainly a thought I had sometimes - just to check out of life - but it's more than just that. It's total incredible agony, violent and loud and horrible. It's like listening to terrifically loud head-splitting screeching, when everyone else seems to be hearing music, and you just want to turn it off. It's a desire to escape the vast hellish pain. It doesn't sound like you're experiencing that kind of desperate agony.
    Thanks so much for your response! That makes a lot of sense. It really was a trying time in my life. Between the skin cancer, waiting for blood and biopsy results, it's been a roller coaster. I think that worrying about being tired seems to make me MORE tired! Gets a bit better occasionally when I'm occupied.

Also I am so sorry you had to experience that. I'm happy you're here. I will keep your words with me, as they put so much into perspective. Tomorrow I begin a new job which I am hoping will aid in keeping my mind busy. I've also taken the plunge and scheduled an appointment with therapy for the first time in my life. Here's hoping to turn everything around. I'm hopeful! Thank you so much again. Take care!

Well done!! This sounds very positive. Therapy can make a huge difference.

Congratulations on your new job, too I hope you manage to take time out to rest; starting a new job can be stressful, and rest can help with that. That could be active rest rather than passive rest - like painting or reading rather than watching tv.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Information