Thread: Help!!

Unhappy Help!!

Hi Everyone!

Ok so I am farely new to this board and have only posted a couple of times but I really need some help!!

At the beginning of May i had an MS relapse for which I was put on Steroids at a massive dose! This left me feeling very emotional and anxious! My gp prescribed Prozac for me to help with my mood but they have made me so much worse!! and I started getting panic attacks?!?!? so I have now got Beta blockers as well?!?

My problems are
    - I am never hungry and my appititie is non existant!
    - I Cannot sleep ( I have had 4 nights now with only 1 hr sleep!)
    - I keep getting 'waves' of anxiety washing over me and sweats!
    - I am sooooo tired I feel like a zombie!
    - I am finding it very difficult to see a way out of this all and today tottally broke down on my mum coz I feel that I am never going to feel better!!

I am only on day 10 of taking the prozac and have heard that they take a while to kick in??

Please tell me that I am going to get through this and start feeling better soon, I dont know what I will do if I carry on this way! I have a 3 year old to look after too and it is starting to affect my whole family!!

I am sooooo unhappy it is untrue!!! Please help me!!!

Thank you - xxx

Re: Help!!

Hi Harveysmummy

I'm not going to be much help as I have not taken Prozac - but I am certain some Prozac people will be along soon. But I know that the first few weeks on other medication can be hellish - I would think Prozac is similiar.

I can also relate to having a toddler about! Fun isn't? Try to keep your life really simple at the moment. Cbeebies is heaven, easy meals for your little one, the less preparation the better. My little one had to survive on crackers, jam sarnies and goodies from the fruit bowl for several weeks and he was fine. Sit down on the floor with your little and pretend you are playing whilst you head is many miles away. Don't worry about housework. Cancel anything that is not vital. Try to get some friends round to help you and be honest that you are struggling. People love to help once asked.
    And it does get better - you will not be in this awful place forever

Thread Information