Page 99 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

And around and around we go More ????... more reassurance seeking... nothing changes

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    And around and around we go More ????... more reassurance seeking... nothing changes

Positive thoughts
    I domt seem to believe my partner I worry my clothes could be dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I domt seem to believe my partner I worry my clothes could be dirty
    Affirmation....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Phil, you are making steps to expose yourself to things which is progress as before you were stuck in inertia. Keep going, write a plan of exposure and go from there.

Yes the issue is I’ve been focusing on trying to prove if it actually happened I mean if it did it would be a disaster I find it hard to accept if it touched the bin and then machine everything is ok. Problem is it would be irrational to buy a new machine if she touched the bin and did wash her hands. People often say say so what if somebody touched something I don’t feel this way it troubles me a lot I really find it hard to break. With the letter box the only way I was able to let it go was sort ofaccept that she never took the letter from the bin.

Problem is she touched the door handle and key too yet I have not went on a journey about that being contaminated

Back to my flu issue I now have a cough it’s a week tomorrow I’ve had it and it’s not shifting i feel I will have this flu forever and I won’t feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Back to my flu issue I now have a cough it’s a week tomorrow I’ve had it and it’s not shifting i feel I will have this flu forever and I won’t feel better?
    You are still functioning so you do not have the flu, sounds more like a cold.

Nevertheless a cold is a real pain. I am still coughing a month after getting over the cold, it is so annoying

Coughs can last a while. See your GP if you're worried but I often find the cough lasts longer than the cold.

Focusing on proving whether or not it happened probably won't help. It wouldn't be a disaster if your partner touched the washing machine without washing her hands, it would just feel like a disaster for you. Try to change your focus. Tell yourself it doesn't matter, and live with the anxiety. It's still about exposure.

Is it exhausting keeping tabs on your wife to make sure she doesn't contaminate any of your possessions, Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is it exhausting keeping tabs on your wife to make sure she doesn't contaminate any of your possessions, Phil?
    It is difficult I mean sometimes I see her wash her hands other times not. It’s a real struggle once I get these ideas into my head yes she goes to bin washes her hands before closing door but like the letters box or door handle my mind buys into it being dirty even if it never happened. Sure the door handle once my mum touched the bin but I replaced it another 3 times. So yes it’s a real battle with the ocd.

I feel stuck Cbt wasn’t helping and i could afford it. The same similar worries pop up and I deal with them with the same worry. Nothing will make me believe the bin is clean. The reality is she probably never touched the bin but it’s not altered my thinking in anyway I just get these thoughts it’s dirty even if she says she washed her hands?

Page 99 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread Information