Page 69 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dozens of people have taken inordinate amounts of time writing well thought out replies which include some well proven methods. Why continue to seek reassurance and advice on forums if you're not going to or just cannot implement them (difficult or not)? From what I see and read, there are many that take issue with this and that list is growing. That said, in this medium, as you obviously know well, there will always be a someone to come along to feed your dragon.

You've had mental breakdowns before. Going untreated, how long before it happens again? Your illness is not getting better and in fact, based on your posts here and elsewhere, its getting worse. You're undertaking a life changing event very soon and the commitment and responsibilities it entails are paramount. If you don't get out of your head and address your illness, you'll be affecting more than yourself and your pocketbook.

Positive thoughts
    The medication I am on is meant to prevent any further bipolar breakdowns it’s an anti psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The medication I am on is meant to prevent any further bipolar breakdowns it’s an anti psychotic.
    So there are several mental illnesses you've been diagnosed with? Bi-polar, OCD, general anxiety etc....? You're on medication for bi-polar and have recently started CBT again. Are you on any other meds? What does your therapist think about online forums and reassurance seeking? I ask because its apparent you're suffering greatly, especially lately with the wedding and nothing said or advised is making a difference. Like I said, dozens of members on several forums have all been advising and recommending methods for years to no avail. Have you spoken with your GP about your meds and if there's anything else they can try to help? Have you considered one on one help in addition to CBT?

In the end though, I guess if this is how you deal with it, and you have for nearly half your life, it is what it is

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 13-06-19 at 00:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I posted about the bipolar a while ago but I don’t suffer as such it was a one off episode. My therapist is happy for
    me to use forums as it is a tool to help my anxiety. The gp blames wedding stress but the psychiatrist sees me once a year too but they don’t offer any Cbt I receive it private and have to pay. I can’t have anything like anti depressants as this was discussed previously.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Phil is obviously able to work, maintain (own?) a property, manage his finances, travel (short-haul flights), and is engaged to be married. Pretty "high-functioning" IMO.

I don't mean to judge but those who shout the loudest are rarely those most in need of help, and for Phil, the means (ie, talking about his problems) appears to be more important than the end (ie, implementing/following advice).

I rest my case.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Phil is obviously able to work, maintain (own?) a property, manage his finances, travel (short-haul flights), and is engaged to be married. Pretty "high-functioning" IMO.

I don't mean to judge but those who shout the loudest are rarely those most in need of help, and for Phil, the means (ie, talking about his problems) appears to be more important than the end (ie, implementing/following advice).

I rest my case.
    Makes sense and like I said, in this medium, there will always be food for the dragon. I do find it difficult to believe a therapist would approve of the forums but... Carry on.....

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 13-06-19 at 02:27.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post

I rest my case.
    I agree with the high functioning element. I've often said just because someone posts a lot doesn't indicate they are the worst because many of them also have the activities in life (as you mention) that are warning signs to GP's when we back away from them. To be able to maintain routine, the daily life, is at least something and better than those of us who spend years locked away in houses. The same with the perceived extremity of a compulsion, it's less so when you look at the true impact on quality of life.

This isn't to say phil isn't suffering, he is. But I find on NMP people judge based on how many times you appear on here and not the whys.

One of the problems with these disorders, like other areas of life, they are prone to ostrich people thinking. It's hard to face the potential of more anxiety by rocking that boat when you have yourself in a place where you have found a groove you can cope with. It's a problem I suffer with too. Having known how bad it can get you feel like it might be better not to push on with the stressful lifestyles of the past but it can also mean not re-establishing what you could actually achieve. It's a hard one to judge.

I suspect this also feeds phil's inertia. There is no "rock bottom" when you are coping/managing in some way. This can mean not facing it.

I can’t get over the urge to change the letter box and front door. I have become worried everything coming through the letterbox is contaminated? I stopped worrying about this for a bit after I accepted the envelope maybe never came from the bin however my ocd has decided maybe it did come from the bin and everything has toilet germs? I know I have discussed this a lot but I feel I need this letter box changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Well that’s encouraging that you don’t mind about the cupboard anymore. I expect you’ll feel like that about the letterbox soon too.

Just go ahead and clean the stuff the plumber touched so that you can get on without that added layer of anxiety. Although they’ll be fine, it was ages since he visited.

How do you feel about your girlfriend picking up things from the letterbox or using the taps the plumber touched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did forget about it but the worry came back after I changed the door handle?

I am still struggling with the letter box. I fear even if I replace the letter box what about all the items come in the door which could contaminate areas of the house?

I mean I can’t confirm a year ago if it came from the bin but my ocd decided that the envelope did come from the bin and that has blocked toilet germs so my house could be ruined

So my worry is more needs replacing my bank card for example comes with me for years until I get a new one so I fear even a new letter box won’t stop the germs spreading

Phil, your ocd is wrong. You know what you need to do, why don’t you write down what you need to do instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 69 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread Information