Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Going to a therapist for OCD (or any mental illness) isn't something you do for 8 weeks, or 12, or 24 and then you are "cured". You can't just go, get your CBT diploma and never think about it again. Therapy is there to help you learn the techniques, begin to apply them, and focus on changing how you approach OCD and your life in general. If you are willing to do the work, and if you have taken in what you have been taught, then you may not need to do any therapy beyond this. If you are struggling to do the work, but you are making progress, you might need some more to help you become more confident in handling it on your own. If you aren't willing to do the work, aren't willing to challenge the OCD outside the therapy (or inside) then its a waste of time and money to go at all. Ideally when you finish your current therapy course you should have a concrete plan of action with goals moving forward that you can put in to place to continue your recovery on your own. You should be ready to continue the steps you are learning outside of therapy, as part of your everyday life as much as necessary to continue your recovery. Therapy is just a starting point, not the end.

Positive thoughts
    If the "thoughts" continue then so does therapy. Sometimes this is a lifelong war, but we win many battles on the way. You don't sit back and say "Screw the therapy - it doesn't work". You find new ways of thinking and approaching problems.

Otherwise we surrender and become a victim.

Never Surrender, Comrade

And often you find your own therapies which aren't in the "book" and don't have a fancy patented name. It doesn't matter..only the end product does.

I visit my parents house less now due to the germs worry. This is a pattern I have I use to visit once a week now I avoid.

I spend a lot of time avoiding and replacing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I visit my parents house less now due to the germs worry. This is a pattern I have I use to visit once a week now I avoid.

And as usual... nothing... absolutely nothing... This is Phil's life... Sad :(

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yup, nothing, no comment at all on anything that has been said by anybody. There has been critically helpful information in the last few pages, well lets be honest there has been for years and years - and what is the return comment - just a continuation of the 'Blog'.

A complete waste of everybody's time......

I am struggling with my parents car. Basically my green bin was outside and they parked up beside it. I know logically if it did hit the car door it can only have been the front door but I fear touching the back doors the risk is I will want to replace my wallet and door handle only these. Lately I have worried about taking my wallet some places. I mean logically my mum touched her bin and touched the door handle a few months ago I replaced the handle but not right away I waited a few days. Her bin germs are similar to the green bin. I mean I can get in there car and wash my hands at the next possible moment but I fear even hand washing won’t cure my problem and the germs could spread?
    I could go on the opposite side back door of where the bin was but I Duno. The day I got picked up it happened I touched the car door no worries went to work and continued my day but now I fear by my over thinking? 

Also I should add I am not going to therapy now as it failed to work

That's sad to hear Phil. Unfortunately therapy will never work if you aren't willing or able to practice the techniques between sessions, like challenging your thinking, and learning to resist the urge to replace things. I know this has already been explained to you many times. I think you can only really change something if you want to, and perhaps you don't want to or aren't ready to try to tackle these obsessions. I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Also I should add I am not going to therapy now as it failed to work
    therapy failed or you failed?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    therapy failed or you failed?
    Well it was costing money I can’t afford and my situation has not improved

Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread Information