Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1191

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,326

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    What happened to you practicing exposure?
    I gave up I feel beaten with my ocd right now I felt there is no way out and everyday battling away?

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    I guess you either battle with the OCD thoughts, or battle to get over them. Only you can make that decision.
    __________________
    'If you're going through hell, keep going' (Winston Churchill)

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I gave up I feel beaten with my ocd right now I felt there is no way out and everyday battling away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Try this Phil. You typically end many of your posts and sentences with a "?". End them with a "." instead and make them a statement as opposed to a reassurance seeking question. It's a small thing but the meaning speaks volumes.
    Positive thoughts
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  4. #1114
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    I gave up I feel beaten with my ocd right now I felt there is no way out and everyday battling away?
    You always give up, and very very quickly.

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You always give up, and very very quickly.
    I think this is the case with a lot of our serial posters, and it's why I sometimes get frustrated more quickly than I should.

    By definition, getting a handle on anxiety involves experiencing the anxiety and sitting with it while you practice coping strategies.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,326

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    In the end I did cut the bush but due to ocd I disposed of most of my clothes except under wear I also fear the grains of dirt on my hand still there after showering contains bin germs and they can spread

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,326

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    I have been to the supermarket today and I touched something I fear the dirt has bin germs from the bush. People said do the bush but it only causes more anxiety I scrubbed my hands in the shower and still I can see dirt I mean it could have been dirt from the weeds or grass cutting but could have been the bush I used one whole shower gel and the dirt wouldn’t go so I fear the bin germs are on the dirt despite cleaning with one shower gel?

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have been to the supermarket today and I touched something I fear the dirt has bin germs from the bush. People said do the bush but it only causes more anxiety I scrubbed my hands in the shower and still I can see dirt I mean it could have been dirt from the weeds or grass cutting but could have been the bush I used one whole shower gel and the dirt wouldn’t go so I fear the bin germs are on the dirt despite cleaning with one shower gel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Try this Phil. You typically end many of your posts and sentences with a "?". End them with a "." instead and make them a statement as opposed to a reassurance seeking question. It's a small thing but the meaning speaks volumes.
    Positive thoughts
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,326

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    I fear the dirt will spread the toilet germs I washed my hands in the supermarket toilet I fear those germs are even on the hand soap dispenser and my belt?

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

    You're starting to make very little sense, Phil. Calm down and engage your brain.

Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OCD about wash basket
    By phil06 in forum OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-17, 20:58
  2. War Machine...to Basket Case.
    By MikeyJon in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-11, 21:43
  3. Basket case today - not coping :(
    By Lauz in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-10, 01:22
  4. It Will All Come Out In The Wash
    By PLANET in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-07-08, 10:11

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •