Page 75 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Well he still manages to go on holiday despite his anxiety and many people are just not able to so things can't be too dire.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Well he still manages to go on holiday despite his anxiety and many people are just not able to so things can't be too dire.
    True, and quite a few holidays at that along with a big wedding, stag party and such. Heck, I can't even afford a long weekend!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ah, young people today!! (I include 30 year olds, Phil!)

Re: Hotel rooms ocd

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    True you ask why does it bother me now well I’ve stayed at that hotel 3 times and going back for a 4th so my fear is the anxiety May come I may give into the ocd and not use the hotel toilet paper.
    So you have been to this hotel 3 times and going back for a 4th time and absolutely nothing has happened in those 3 times you have been there before due to the maid putting the toilet roll where she does..... so again why is it suddenly a problem??

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yes today for example I am still fearing the bin germs. The wheelie bin was outside which contaminated a toilet plunger so I feared the car door hit the bin or came close now I want to avoid my parents car door.
    It might sound dramatic what can I say some of the stuff I feared using I either returned or eventually used it so that’s the good news.
    I hoped after the wedding there would be some dramatic shift I would suddenly want to fly again on a plane, I would have less ocd, I would learn to drive again but I still have a mental block about doing these. Nothing has changed other than the wedding passing.
    The only good news is I am ignoring some of the ocd a little more than I was before.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    So you have been to this hotel 3 times and going back for a 4th time and absolutely nothing has happened in those 3 times you have been there before due to the maid putting the toilet roll where she does..... so again why is it suddenly a problem??
    Well the toilet roll was only placed there 3rd visit as I took extra rolls so it only bothered me this one time

Well the toilet roll was only placed there 3rd visit as I took extra rolls so it only bothered me this one time
    Doesn't this again show you how skewed your focus is, phil? What do think the guests are getting up to in a public room? Do you sit on the seat after all those bums have been on it? Why? Surely that's worse than the toilet roll issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Doesn't this again show you how skewed your focus is, phil? What do think the guests are getting up to in a public room? Do you sit on the seat after all those bums have been on it? Why? Surely that's worse than the toilet roll issue?
    That doesn’t bother me atall only the fact that she put the toilet paper on something which cleans a toilet

That doesn’t bother me atall only the fact that she put the toilet paper on something which cleans a toilet
    That's the point though. That toilet paper won't be there if/when you return. That maid not be there!

But what does happen in hotel rooms happens all the time and we still use them trusting health & safety standards. Some hotel rooms I've stayed in over the years have had blood on the duvets!

My ocd has become fixed on my parents car the door was open close to the green wheelie in the street next to the car so I worry I could get germs from the handle. I go in this car sometimes so I fear next time I go in it. Also the hotel germs worries me using that toilet paper. Yes I can use my own but that’s not the point.

So yes the car is contaminated now the hotel harbours germs. I still have letter box anxiety too

Page 75 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread Information