Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Sometimes intrusive questions provoke the best response in Phil I think. Plus he doesn’t seem to mind too much!
    But yes, I think his marriage caused a lot of anxiety, and it’s still there trying to find a new outlet.
    I agree, Scass. Dealing with confusing emotions can be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've had colds longer than that. As an asthmatic I would have to watch them due to the possibility of infections and a week or so with a cold is just nothing to me. If you had flu you would be on your arse not moving.

On top of this you also have a mental health condition that includes fatigue symptoms and they add up.
    Yes but seems no improvement it’s just not shifting. Perhaps my immune system isn’t as good anymore?

I hoped one day I would feel a bit better but no. I know colds last a while but I’ve never woke up feeling bad for over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It was an intrusive question and I shouldn't have asked it. It was more about increased anxiety after getting married rather than marriage as a status. A partnership is a partnership married or not but I guess you have a very clinical way of looking at things, Phil?
    Ive not had any increased anxiety as the marriage hasn’t changed much I already live with my partner. The build up to the wedding did cause anxiety as I was buying lots of shirts and having lots of ocd but that’s past with now

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes but seems no improvement it’s just not shifting. Perhaps my immune system isn’t as good anymore?

I hoped one day I would feel a bit better but no. I know colds last a while but I’ve never woke up feeling bad for over a week.
    My mum is currently on day 13 of a nasty cold, I’m on day 5 (wonder where I got it from!) it’s actually really normal with summer colds for some reason, you will feel well again, it’s just going to take longer than we would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Ive not had any increased anxiety as the marriage hasn’t changed much I already live with my partner. The build up to the wedding did cause anxiety as I was buying lots of shirts and having lots of ocd but that’s past with now
    Is it? Or has it just transferred onto other worries?

Yes but I am here to discuss my ocd and anxiety not relationship counselling.
    That's the real issue.... You are not discussing it. You post your feelings, get great advice (for over 13 years) and nothing changes (in some ways it's worse and/or evolving). The next day, whether it's on this forum or others, you're right back into the same pattern. Sure, you might throw a bone and tell us how you resisted the urge to replace a bin for a day but in reality, it's just to feed the flock so you continue to get food for your dragon. That pattern is painfully obvious. As has been pointed out, The forums are an integral part of your OCD.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That's the real issue.... You are not discussing it. You post your feelings, get great advice (for over 13 years) and nothing changes (in some ways it's worse and/or evolving). The next day, whether it's on this forum or others, you're right back into the same pattern. Sure, you might throw a bone and tell us how you resisted the urge to replace a bin for a day but in reality, it's just to feed the flock so you continue to get food for your dragon. That pattern is painfully obvious. As has been pointed out, The forums are an integral part of your OCD.

Positive thoughts
    You keep mentioning 13 years let me tell you when I joined in 2006 it was only a year after I had an ambulance called to the cinema due to a panic attack. For months after it I couldn’t go out with one of my ex’s I never got around much a trip to the local shops was hard for me. I have lots of regrets about that but I’ve not had ocd for 13 years so it’s unfair to judge when you were not on these forums. Given I can go 1,000 miles by train let tell you in 2006 this would never have happened so perhaps people should offer some credit as there is people still calling ambulances for panic attacks. It was actually the cinema which called as they had no medical history and I never had panic before so they had to check me out

No comment it seems so despite being house bound in 2005/06 seemingly I’ve made no progress.

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself....

Progress from panic in 13 years.... yes..... progress from mental health disorders in 13 years.... no just a different disorder

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    You sound like you are trying to convince yourself....

Progress from panic in 13 years.... yes..... progress from mental health disorders in 13 years.... no just a different disorder
    Agreed... Even a brief scan of of the thread history shows it and sadly, some of the past issues still strongly persist and the OCD theme has been evident since nearly the beginning. The dependence on internet forums is very evident. I find it interesting as well that when your behavior is challenged, all of a sudden all irrationality goes out the window and you gather your thoughts in a very cohesive way to defend your dragon. It's like being in a co-dependent relationship with yourself and your mental illness.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast

Thread Information