Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Red face Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Update

Had another stress I got brand new holiday clothes and my partner decided to go to the toilet with Dvds I bought when shopping and then put them into the bag next to my new holiday clothes. So I’ve disposed of the Dvds so the germs don’t spread the clothes can be washed yes but they have lost the crisp new feeling so I have to buy more for my holiday now

Hopefully washing clothes eases my anxiety.
    Last edited by phil06; 15-04-18 at 00:00.

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I always have to wash new clothes Phil. You don't know who has been touching them and trying them on .. They small better too and feel softer.
    You havn't worn them so why buy new ones for a holiday ?

Out of curiosity when you go to a toilet in and outside your home do you take your clothes off and change them ?

Clarisse

Can your GF help you with this, Phil? For instance, when you feel these urges can she attempt to block your compulsions by storing them somewhere you find it hard to get to or block you from taking them? Not ideal, it may cause some snapping at her, but I'm wondering what she makes of all this.

I think you are right about Perfectionism rather than Contamination. Anxiety can be pretty irrational in it's targets too as you don't seem to have concerns about the dirtiest things in your house...human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Can your GF help you with this, Phil? For instance, when you feel these urges can she attempt to block your compulsions by storing them somewhere you find it hard to get to or block you from taking them? Not ideal, it may cause some snapping at her, but I'm wondering what she makes of all this.

I think you are right about Perfectionism rather than Contamination. Anxiety can be pretty irrational in it's targets too as you don't seem to have concerns about the dirtiest things in your house...human beings.
    Yes for example her handbag goes to the toilet but this doesn’t concern me where it goes. If the stuff isn’t mine it causes me less anxiety. Like for example I don’t travel alone with say a suitcase but I see people take them to the toilet but that must mean the handles are dirty with toilet germs?

But yes I like perfection and new. And yes as the other person said anybody can try clothes on so maybe better washed but I prefer them crisp and new.

Basically if I don’t replace stuff or dispose I get anxiety. I had a cat 2 years ago for a bit and it pooed on the floor so this wasn’t ideal for my contamination. I once had dog poo on my shoes and this caused me anxiety. Anything toilet related I would say 80% of my ocd is toilet related germs. The wash basket ocd only came about from toilet germs worries.

So yes avoiding the situations where my ocd is bad is how i get by. For example I will avoid having a wash basket in my new house. When I go to other people’s houses they may have more germs but I tend not to worry as I have no control over this however clean or dirty a house is I don’t get anxious. Just I know from watching tv shows some people worry about germs outside. Again majority of my ocd is “home” based. Only issue I have outside is hand washing.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

And my partner doesn’t really understand my ocd..

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

One of my other worries is my drawers have been sitting empty until I move again so I worry they were near wash baskets or worry about putting clean clothes in them
    As they have day empty a while. I also worry about using someone else’s clothes line in my new house.

Where do you put your dirty washing then?

Well we understand Phil But what you aren't understanding is you need help with this OCD about toilet germs it isn't going to go away, when are you going to get help? This must be on most members minds I know it's on my mind its extremely important so please do something about it even if it means going private to get help. You either want to get better or you don't. Your choice. ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Where do you put your dirty washing then?
    I put some on bathroom floor then into the washing machine. I plan on putting it on the bed. At the moment it’s on the floor but I won’t do this in my new house.

I get ocd now about shops I worry they are contaminated. I’m going to buy blinds and get ocd thoughts about contamination which make no logic.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Well we understand Phil But what you aren't understanding is you need help with this OCD about toilet germs it isn't going to go away, when are you going to get help? This must be on most members minds I know it's on my mind its extremely important so please do something about it even if it means going private to get help. You either want to get better or you don't. Your choice. ATB
    Since my anxiety dropped a bit I’ve held off getting more help. It’s more just ocd at the moment but I’m not sure how I will tackle the ocd in some ways it’s improved like not coming out shower but moving house has increased my ocd but it’s so bad at the moment I almost don’t care about the thoughts as it’s too much ocd

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I put some on bathroom floor then into the washing machine. I plan on putting it on the bed. At the moment it’s on the floor but I won’t do this in my new house.

I get ocd now about shops I worry they are contaminated. I’m going to buy blinds and get ocd thoughts about contamination which make no logic.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Since my anxiety dropped a bit I’ve held off getting more help. It’s more just ocd at the moment but I’m not sure how I will tackle the ocd in some ways it’s improved like not coming out shower but moving house has increased my ocd but it’s so bad at the moment I almost don’t care about the thoughts as it’s too much ocd
    OCD is still a MH condition that will need help if you can ride it out fair enough, but seriously mate you do need some help I know that and many on here do too Come on you are putting your self through hell at times even look at Mind in your local area there is help out there if you can seek it out. get better my friend ATB

Anybody give me any tips on how to control or challenge these ocd thoughts?

Some of them are illogical like I worry about giving my mum my old hoover incase I worry the new one is contaminated or I worry about germs from some shops.

How can I resist these thoughts?

The anxiety continues

Some clean washing landed off the radiator onto the floor so I had to rewash. Some clean washing drying on the radiator touched my dining room chairs it was clean but I still get contamination thoughts yet it’s clean washing. Now if I wear clean clothes and sit on the chair I don’t worry but when it’s drying I do?

My thinking is becoming more irrational. Perhaps because am moving house the anxiety and ocd are a bit higher.

I worried when dirty washing contaminated stuff but I end up thinking clean washing can do the same how can I handle this ocd?

Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information