Page 103 of 152 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I don’t worry about getting ill. It’s a perfectionism thing meaning my stuff seems spoiled and the germs spread meaning new stuff isn’t clean

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Therefore if you washed the bin out with nuclear grade disinfectant you are saying your worries would go away. I bet you they wouldn't...people don't worry like this over putting such things into dirty bins that are full of nasty bacterial build up over years. The worst bin you have is the food one, far worse than toilet germs that may or may not be there because food germs definately are in that bin.
    I would prob have the bin replaced only thing that stops me is I may block the toilet again

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I would prob have the bin replaced only thing that stops me is I may block the toilet again
    But doesn't it seem unreasonable to believe a bin is clean? You keep putting dirty items in it. Surely you put your tins in it? You can wash them out but that won't remove bacteria therefore the bin is tainted.

You may not fear germs in this but you can use the argument that even if something isn't perfect it doesn't mean anything will go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I’ve not replaced the washing machine yet but I am not happy. I mean chances are it has no toilet bin germs on it but the ocd goes with the worst case. Funny thing is I am buying into the fact she never washed her hands but I’ve given no thought to the door handle which if happened would be dirty too. She has told me about 50 times now she washed her hands but that doesn’t convince me. I tried to think why and maybe when she closes the back door at night I don’t trust her to wash her hands but I’m too lazy to check. I have so many other ocds to watch I can’t keep up with every one. So yes she is sincere. If she did touch the bin the machine would need replacing but I don’t want to be replacing when something isn’t confirmed like the letter box issue. This issue is similar to the letter box issue as someone says it was clean and I deny it without proof
    And yet washing machines are dirty things. Look at al the gunk that builds up in them on those adverts. So it's tainted in that way making these beliefs about toilet germs even more unreasonable.

Do you have to disinfect the outside of the washing machine door when you've just filled it with dirty clothing? Dirty clothing has been on of your worries in the past. If not, again this shows the selective nature of your fears. Whilst you say you don't choose to live in a world of xyz you do choose to look the other way over the many other contamination issues and this should be telling you your thinking is off.

How would you feel if a scribbled on your washer or phone with a permanent marker pen? Or scratched them with a knife? Or chipped them? Would it bother you? Would they be tainted? What if I did the same to the door? Wouldn't this make them less perfect than if I put my hands in your bin then touched them? You can disinfect where my hands went but you can't remove my permanent imperfections.

Phil, if you carry on this way you're going to destroy your relationship. Is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Phil, if you carry on this way you're going to destroy your relationship. Is it really worth it?
    It’s not ideal. Tonight I was awake at every hour and I still feel ill with the flu so that’s where my focus is but the ocd is continuing too. Sometimes when I sleep I get strange thoughts which triggers off my existential worries which I can’t seem to shift either.

How would you feel if a scribbled on your washer or phone with a permanent marker pen? Or scratched them with a knife? Or chipped them? Would it bother you? Would they be tainted? What if I did the same to the door? Wouldn't this make them less perfect than if I put my hands in your bin then touched them? You can disinfect where my hands went but you can't remove my permanent imperfections.
    None of that bothers me unless you touched the bin then the machine. I wouldn’t worry about any marks.

And yet washing machines are dirty things. Look at al the gunk that builds up in them on those adverts. So it's tainted in that way making these beliefs about toilet germs even more unreasonable.

Do you have to disinfect the outside of the washing machine door when you've just filled it with dirty clothing? Dirty clothing has been on of your worries in the past. If not, again this shows the selective nature of your fears. Whilst you say you don't choose to live in a world of xyz you do choose to look the other way over the many other contamination issues and this should be telling you your thinking is off.
    Yes the machine isn’t the cleanest. Even though I have ocd I am not as clean as I hope to be some people with ocd are spotless my ocd seems to be focused on certain stuff

So I have been feeling pretty poor with this cold still. People think as I make work I’m fine but I go right home to bed.

I have no appetite and feel sick after eating how long will this go on? Seems no end to it. Been a week today

Page 103 of 152 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast

Thread Information